Eight

"Hello? Jimin, is that you?"

Jimin felt a lump in his throat. Just hearing Yoongi's voice brough back all the painfull emotions from that morning.

Though his voice had changed. Softer and he sounded warmer now, instead of the cold and harsh tone that had cut right through Jimin this morning.

All of the sudden he realized he had been so lost in his thoughts he hadn't even responded yet. "Yes, it's me", he replied quitely.

Immediately Yoongi starts rattling nervously: "I was really worried about you today. When I didn't see you in math class I looked everywhere for you and even asked your friends. When they also didn't know I panicked and asked for your number but you didn't pick. For a while I thought your friends had given me the wrong number but I saw your photo on whatsapp so I knew it was the right number."

Suddenly Jimin hears a change in the voice on the other side of the line. The boy's voice changes to almost a whisper: "I felt so ashamed about what happened in the hall today. You were the last person I wanted to yell at. You are always so nice to me, even if I don't deserve it."

Jimin can barely make out the last words. "You really hurt my feelings this morning." Jimin replies, his voice cracking. "I was very worried when you didn't show up for school the last couple of days and I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

The silence seems to last forever and Jimin almost started talking again when Yoongi says: "I really don't deserve a friend like you. All I do is hurt people and push them away when they want to help me."

Yoongi let's out a a sob. "I am so sorry tha-that I hurt you Jimin." Jimin can hear the normally so cool boy crying on the other side.

"Yoongi? Please don't cry. I forgive you." Jimin wished he could hold the other boy in his arms and tell him that everything was okay. "I just want you to know that I'm here for you Yoongi." Jimin adds with a soft voice.

"Why are you so nice to me?" Yoongi sniffs. "I've never done anything to deserve this."

Jimin thinks for a second how to respond. "I don't know. I think it was just a feeling when you came in the first day. I don't know how to explain it." Jimin's cheeks turn rosy. He's suddenly happy that Yoongi isn't able to see him.

"Well you are a better person than I am Jimin, I am lucky to have you as a friend." Even though Jimin is really touched to hear Yoongi call him his friend, he also feels a little sting in his heart knowing that friends is probably the only thing they will ever be.

***
I am sorry it took so long for me to update. I wanted this part to be right, even though I'm still not completely happy with it. I still hope you like it.