15. Calculations

Dedicated to @venustate_ for the awesome thread design. I CAN'T EVEN. She's awesome c:

Chapter 15

“Can you at least try to look happy,” Nena strained in her accent “Dear.”

“Why should I?” I groan walking back into the dressing room kicking the fluff of the big white dress as I did.

“Because you’re trying on million dollar dresses, darling!” she said simply.

“Why can’t I be trying on million dollar sweat pants?” I challenged closing the curtain between us “Those’ll be so heavenly.”

“Those are not of ladies!” she said almost horrified.

“Ooh! Or maybe using million dollar spray paints to tag those really neat abandoned buildings near the coast,” Okay, maybe I was testing her. A bit.

“Your highness!” she gasped.

I shrugged and rolled my eyes even though she couldn’t see it. I’m pretty sure she was passed out but then she demanded I try on one more, she promised that I’d love it. PLOTWIST: I didn’t love it per se… but I didn’t exactly hate it either. It wan'ts frilly, white and pukeulor. It was smooth, ‘floral white’ and not pukeuler.

When I walked out Nena had a huge grin on her face and her fingers crossed—probably praying never having to shop with me another weekend. When I stood in front of the floor length mirror I inspected myself and let out an impressed ‘huh’ and cocked an eyebrow. I swore I heard Nena sigh.

“Well…?” Nena asked, probably waiting for the bashing.

“It’s not completely ugly,” I said after a while and rolled my eyes at her “And I don’t hate it.”

How could I hate it? It was chiffon for crying out loud! Even though it was floor length, had a bit of jewels and was a dress, I didn’t mind because the jewels were on the black waistband and it was chiffon. God that shit feels good… But I couldn’t let Nena know that now could I?

“We’re getting it,” her face broke out into a grin “Woah. Dude. Calm down. It’s just because this I clearly the least shitty dress I’ve tried and I’m just fed-up. Kay?”

She didn’t seem to notice what I said, or at least she ignored it because she was chatting her head off excitedly with the staff who were cooing.

“I wonder what Keller’s up to…”

“What was that?” Nena asked.

“So you hear that,” She quirked an eyebrow then smirked “Hey! I keep on forgetting to ask you when the wedding is.”

“You don’t know?” she gave me a puzzled look “It’s on your eighteenth birthday.”

Ew, I can’t ever imagine Cocaina even glancing much less entering a store like this,” wait…

“Are you fucking shitting me?!” I mouthed with a grinned wiped across my face. She scowled at my language but shook it off with a smile.

I would’ve hugged the tiny woman if this dress wasn’t light.

“Oh mah gahd!” Ali screeched in the dumbest voice possible as she made herself visible “Mark! Look at fucking that!”

I struck a ‘sexy’ pose and wiggled my eyebrows at them and I heard Nena chuckle something along the lines of ‘to be young and carefree’.