18. He's A Groom

Chapter 18-Sunday
*the big day!*

"What the fuck Nicola?!" Carmo shouted as Nena closed the door locking out her and the glam squad from my up coming murder, at least I'd die looking hot, "Didn't I tell you to stay close?"

I bit my lip guiltily and shifted in the vanity's chair uncomfortably. She sighed and I saw her run a hand through her hair in the mirror. She looked pretty in her pale blue sundress.

"Just..." She sighed again and shook her head and I heard the doors open then she added in a fierce whisper, "I'll fix this. You are not getting married today."

The door closed behind her swiftly and I sighed feeling my head grow lighter by the second. I'm not getting... Married? I started laughing like I was stupid. Like Carmo was stupid. I almost forgot about when happen last night. Almost forgot about Keller.

The door swung open again and my mother glided into the room with a sickening grin on her face. I looked nothing like her, thank God. The witch had dark eyes and her pin straight chestnut hair brushed against her exposed collarbones. She was wearing an undeniably beautiful golden gown that flowed to the ground in ripples of shimmer. When the door closed behind her the smugness on her face was blatant. She didn't even try to hide it when she walked over to me and smiled at herself in the mirror.

"How are you today Nicola?" Saccharine and smug, "You look awfully pale dear, did the young Gladiole prince tell you something?"

She tittered and my stomach twisted. Of course it was her... Keller wouldn't...

"Why are you even holding on to this agreement?" I gave her an incredulous look and she simply rose a perfectly groomed eyebrow at me, "I know you know that Stephen is gay. Why don't you guys just let it go? What's the point mother?"

I had her full attention now.

"It's not like Stephen's an only child like me," I hesitated before continuing, "There will be no heirs mother! What is the point? Are you that prideful? Are you ashamed to say that you fucked up with not getting me engaged to Keller? Why didn't you marry me off to him? Is it because his father left you fo–

I held not stinging cheek not able to finish my sentence. I smirked at my mother's wide eyes and trembling hand. I knew that she was engaged to Keller's dad and that he fell in love with a commoner and called off the wedding.

"What a pity, the princess of Lithway dumped and embarrassed," I spat knowing that I was playing with fire, "Settled for the crown prince of Amarilia and now she's settling again. Prideful. You knew that Keller was the better choice."

"You know nothing," her voice trembled and her eyes met mine, for a second I understood.

She loved him. That's the only reason why she ever kept him around as a friend. It made her sick that he had a child. And in that moment I knew that she did not want me to have what she couldn't.

"I l–

"You are to marry prince Stephen. You are to produce heirs and that is final," she bit, eyes piercing into mine, "I do not care if he is not attracted to you sexually, you are the only heir so you would do what you are ordered to for your country."

She turned on her heels and the door slammed shut behind her. My cheek still tingled where she slapped me but I didn't care, I finally found a chink in her annoyingly flawless armor. I smiled to my self. Not getting married mother. At least, I hoped so.

I marched down the aisle and all of that good stuff, I wasn't really paying attention until the ostentatiously dressed priest said the words that made my heart speed up.