LXXXV- Foul(Play)

Diana Black watched in extreme suspense as she watched her brother in that afternoon's Quidditch match. She sat in the teachers' box, beside Luke Castellan. They held hands tightly as they watched in excitement. The game was Gryffindor against Hufflepuff. It was no secret who most of the audience was rooting for. The intense rain and thunderstorm only added to the suspense and pressure of the game. It was then that Diana had randomly realized that she never really had an actual chance to play for longer on the Slytherine Quidditch team. Obviously, that wasn't much of an option for her anymore, since that team was for Slytherine students, and she was now a teacher. The pressure of the game increased more and more as Harry and the Hufflepuff seeker, Cedric Diggory, went head to head chasing after the Golden Snitch. It was a close call; Harry was a skilled and experienced player, and as was the beloved Diggory, who was a sixth year student. He was actually a very popular and fairly good looking student, which Diana tried not to think about any of her old classmates, seeing as they were all students still, and she was a teacher. Then, everyone noticed as a Dementor entered the field. Dangerously close to the players, specifically Harry Potter.
"What the hell?!" Luke asked angrily.
"No idea. What the f**k?!" Diana murmured. "Professor Dumbledore, is that legal?"
"No. No it's not, they aren't supposed to be within Hogwarts grounds!" he exclaimed in disbelief.
"Can't you interfere? It's getting way too close to him," Diana pointed out.
"Yes, it definitely is. Unfortunately, I have my hands tied. All this unnecessary bureaucracy. I can only interfere if Mr. Potter or any other student involved is directly in danger," he explained furiously.
"God damn it," Diana muttered.

Then it happened; Dumbledore was able to interfere. Everyone's worst fear in that moment had come true; Harry fell off of his broomstick after coming face to face with the Dementor, and just then, lightning struck. Everything was chaos. Diana couldn't even register what she herself had said. Everyone was yelling, and her surroundings became more and more hectic. The game had stopped immediately.
"ARRESTO MOMENTUM!" Albus Dumbledore boomed, saving Harry from a horrible fall, suspending him in midair in order for everyone to rush to his aid.

Diana and Luke headed down to the field as quickly as they could, pushing past everyone. It was a giant catastrophe as Harry now lay softly on the ground, unconscious from the fall and the cold. His broomstick had been completely destroyed, which Diana knew he wouldn't take well. Hagrid picked him up, carrying him off of the field and toward the hospital wing.
"I'll go to the hospital wing and make sure he's alright, why don't you just go back to the hut with Hagrid? It'll be a while," Diana pointed out.
"No, I care about you, and I care about whoever you care about. I want to make sure your brother's okay," Luke told her.
Diana sighed with an exhausted smile. "Thank you. That means the world to me. Let's go," she nodded.

Once they had arrived there, Madame Pomfrey was shocked at what had happened, and had done everything she could to make sure that Harry's temperature remained warm.
"Oh my God," Diana Black sighed, sitting down in a chair, Luke and Fred Weasley on either side.

She had an arm around Luke, and the other hand resting lightly upon Fred's stressed and tense arm.
"Hey, why don't I get you a cup of coffee, baby?" Luke offered.
  "Thanks," Diana smiled with a gentle nod.
  "Love you," Luke sighed, feeling more relieved, planting a kiss on her forehead as he left.
  "You too," Diana nodded distractedly as she watched over her brother. "Look at me. My brother's keeper."
  "You both look out for each other," Fred nodded. "That's all anyone really needs, especially now."
  Diana nodded in agreement. "Yeah. God, how did this even happen?"
  "I honestly don't really know. But what I do know," he pointed out,"is that something about the system needs to change. But we're definitely going to need someone incredible to change all of this."