XCIV- Going Nowhere

Diana Black, who was the representative of the case for Sirius Black's vindication, sat in the currently empty courtroom as she nervously awaited her upcoming conference. She had been given the past two months to try and find any evidence that Sirius Black did not murder Peter Pettigrew, and that he was in fact alive, but no leads or testimonies had payed off. Sirius was still as good as guilty. The case was headed absolutely nowhere. Diana sat, worrying, as she stared off into complete nothingness.
  "Hello, love," a familiar and powerful voice called.
  Diana looked up, startled. "Lord Kratos."
  "Yes, indeeed, Diana," he nodded smugly, in his own human form. "Tell me.... how is your father's case coming along, hmm?"
  "Don't act like you don't know," Diana spat.
  "Oh, of course I do, dear. I just wanted to hear you say it," the deity chuckled. "Now say it."
  Diana grit her teeth angrily. "It's not going anywhere."
  "Thought so," Kratos laughed. "But anyways, I want you to do something for me."
  "And what's that?" Diana asked.

  "Well, I want you to desert your post

  "Well, I want you to desert your post. I can't have one of my soldiers distracted, can I?" he smirked.
  "I can't," Diana said coldly.
  "Oh, come on now. Your father's one without your help! He doesn't need you, just like the rest of the ones you love," the god laughed cruelly. "Besides.... didn't you tell me that you'd do anything to get your revenge on the master of time?"
  Diana's expression turned from cold to harsh. "Fine. Now cut the bullsh*t. What do you want me to do?"
  "Oh, I'm not going to be that harsh, Diana! Not yet, anyways. All I want is for you to return to your former school, Hogwarts, with your friends and family. There's going to be something very important happening there this year, and I need you there to take care of someone."
  "Who?" Diana asked.

  "All in good time, my dear

  "All in good time, my dear. All in good time," the deity promised.
  "Is it someone I wouldn't want to.... take care of?" she asked.
  Kratos chuckled to himself. "No, I don't believe so, Diana. I'm sure once I allow you to know who it is, you'll definitely want them taken care of as well."
  "You know what? Whatever. I don't care anymore. Is that all you want?" Diana asked irritably.
  "Yes, love. Please, carry on. Until next time," he grinned, disappearing the room.

****

Diana Black did as she was ordered to, and got on the first train back to her suite, packing up for Hogwarts again once she had mailed a letter to Professor Dumbledore, asking if there were any job openings, receiving a reply before nighttime. She sat down as she opened the letter.

Dear Miss Black,

I regret to inform you that there are unfortunately no significant openings as far as staffing here at Hogwarts, which I would usually appreciate. However, it is my pleasure to say that we are of course more than willing to offer you a place as an honored guest at the school, as a show of friendship and loyalty. Although, it is required that every guest, who is not a student, have some sort of purpose, of course, for living on its grounds. The school does, actually, have room for another teaching assistant. Professor Snape would be more than willing to have you as an aide. It would please us all to have you around, Miss Black. In addition, this year is also the scheduled date of the famous Triwizard Tournament; I'm sure you've heard of it. We could absolutely use an extra hand in putting that together. Your correspondence is required as soon as possible. Good day to you.

Regards,
Professor Albus Dumbledore

Diana began writing back immediately, both because she had no problem with the arrangement, and because she had no actual choice; Kratos had ordered her to stay at Hogwarts, and that was what she needed to do.