LXII- Winter Is Coming

Three Days Later

Three Days Later

The number of days until the final battle between Kronos's two most trusted lieutenants and Harry Potter and his band of young wizard and witch heroes grew smaller, although the length of each day seemed to grow longer. Staying alive even for another hour or so seemed like some sort of challenge. Diana and Luke felt like animals out in the wild, surviving harsh another winter. They grew more and more anxious and paranoid as each moment passed, yet they had somehow managed to keep their heads. They were still held responsible for being Kronos's right hand, even if they were a bit farther beyond his reach for the moment. Although, nothing on Earth, or anywhere else for that matter, was truly beyond the reach of the omnipotent Lord of Time.
"Luke," Killer Frost said quietly as they stood in the main room of the club.
  "Yes?" he smiled, looking over at Killer Frost.
  "We figured there would be a day that Kronos reached out to us, right?"
  "Of course," he nodded soberly.
  "Well, he's found us, Luke. And I think he's testing our loyalty," Killer Frost reported.

Luke turned immediately, following behind Killer Frost as she led him to her private room in the club.
  "He wants us to run the sacrifice," she murmured. "And he congratulated us on finding a good base."
  "Oh, that's never good," Luke sighed, running his hands through his naturally and ruggedly tousled hair, then shoving them into his hands.
  "Exactly," Killer Frost agreed.
  "It'd be better if he yelled at us," Luke pointed out.
  "We have no choice," she said grimly. "We have to perform the sacrifice."
  "Who will pick up the body?" Luke asked.
"I'll do it. It's best one of us did this personally, and if Potter or one of them drops by, it's better I be gone," she pointed out. "The body's in Rochester, with Crusty."
"Don't be gone for too long," Luke Castellan teased.
"Alright, I promise," Killer Frost chuckled, stepping into the front passenger's seat of a stolen cherry red Ferrari with an employee from the club, Eduardo.

She handed Eduardo the fifty dollars she had promised to him for driving her to Rochester

  "Ah, thank you Miss Frost."
Killer Frost chuckled. "Move me, Eduardo."
The young man laughed. "Charlie's Angels?"
She nodded with a satisfied smile. "Finally, someone who isn't pop culture illiterate. Keep that up and you might get a very substantial tip."