LIX- Fortify

Killer Frost felt like the queen of the universe sitting on that silver throne beside Luke Castellan

Killer Frost felt like the queen of the universe sitting on that silver throne beside Luke Castellan. Diana Black would even have enjoyed this experience. Killer Frost smiled to think that once Kronos took over, she could feel like this, perhaps even more so, every single day. She was completely in control of her own fate; she was a powerful woman, all on her own as far as control went. She didn't feel that Luke was an anchor of any sort, which she had deemed a good thing. She felt good being beyond the reach of Albus Dumbledore,Harry Potter,Lord Voldemort, or even Lord Kronos. She just wanted some solitude for herself and for Luke as well. Sure, Atlantic City was simply bustling with life, but the abundance of it only contributed to the emptiness and solitude. It was just fantastic. Luke and Killer Frost had decided to occupy the luxurious living space above the club. They had gotten lots of peaceful rest and lots of new luxuries. If Killer Frost hadn't known better, she'd have guessed that the riches had gone to her head. She almost felt like a queen; the only status she felt was satisfactory. In her first life, Killer Frost had taken her own life in despair. She was not to make that mistake again. The lord of the dead was giving her a second chance at life in this possession, and she wouldn't squander it.
  "Frost, we have a problem," Luke sighed exasperatedly.
  "What is it?" she asked immediately.
  "I'm afraid that Potter himself made a visit to the camp on holiday," Luke explained. "He's been given permission to stay. He, and all of Hogwarts, knows that you're not there. They know that you went AWOL."
"And who told you this?" she asked.
"Silena."
Killer Frost rolled her eyes. "And she couldn't have made up some excuse. Excellent."
"That's not the problem right now. We need to straighten this out," Luke pointed out.
Killer Frost nodded. "Of course. But how? Everyone in the camp probably knows.... That's it," she realized. "A mass Confundus charm should do it."
"And you can do that?"
She nodded distractedly. "I should be able to, yes. I did cast that curse."
"Good," Luke sighed. "I've had enough complications."
"Wait," Killer Frost realized. "I can't use my magic."
"Why not?" Luke growled.
"I think that this body still has the Trace on it. If I use magic here, the Ministry will know of my whereabouts."
Luke frowned, shoving his face angrily into his hands. "Fantastic. Well what do we do now, Frost?"
"Oh, please tell me I have them," Killer Frost gasped, practically ransacking her small and mobile luggage.
"'Have' what?" Luke asked desperately.
"Here," Killer Frost grinned.