Queen Maria

"I can't have one mother flipping day happy? That's all I want for once. For all of us to smile and laugh and move on but they just want to be men. Get the fuck out of here with that." Rue busted through the bathroom door. Mrs.Irving followed behind her.

"Rue calm down please,"Mrs.Irving hugged her."I know today has not been your day but there is always tomorrow if we get to see it."

"They always want to take control,"Rue clenched her jaw."They are barbaric."

"Just calm down they day is almost over."

"I got to spend 5 weeks with Mr.Avery in detention, I'm in a class with assholes and the only thing that can make me happy is sleep."

"You haven't been sleeping."

"What? What are you talking about Mrs.Irving?"

"From the way you look your eyes have bags under them, your body looks exhausted. When you go home fix some dinner and go to sleep. Sleep the night away. Remember we have to go to the elementary school tomorrow to sing to the fifth grade."

"Yea maybe I should Mrs.Irving could you help me grocery shop today after I get out. I just ran out of food last week."

"Yea sure hun."

••••••••••••

"Damn! She walked out because of you! I just want to see her smile you had to ruin that."Trent yelled at Vince.

"Shut the fuck up your the one that started it Trent. I told you she was already spoken for so lay off!" Vince yelled at Trent. Devin was still holding him back.

"She doesn't want you asswipe, she runs from you!"

"Shut up asshole!"

"Shit head!"

"Shut Up!" Everyone froze and looked in the door way. Rue stood there with Mrs.Irving."Y'all motherfuckers keep talking shit the room is going to stink. I suggest you lower your voice."

"Rue I..."Vince started.

"I don't want to hear shit! The only thing I want to hear is me and Mrs.Irving practice or positive comments or conversations. Oh and y'all are all coming with us to the elementary to sing to the 5th graders. Y'all ain't to got to do anything but sit back and watch let me and Mrs.Irving handle it. So sit down shut up and be happy got it?"

"Anything for you Rue."Vince smiled at Rue.

"Kiss ass." Trent scuffed.

"Shut up with your Tall ass."

"Man shut the fuck up with your superman looking ass."

"What the hell did I just say!" Rue yelled a Trent and Vince.

"Sorry Rue."

"We are in high school we are seniors for goodness sakes act like it don't act like little girls fight over dolls."

"But he started it." Trent whined

"Did you respond?"

"Yes."

"Then both of you had a part."

"Rue lets get to practicing." Mrs.Irving and Rue went to practicing. Even though they stop fighting you could feel the tension.

"Alright Mrs.Irving I'm going to head to detention, tell Uncle Bennett I can't work today have a great time."Rue grab her things and headed out the classroom.

"Have a good day Rue call me." Mrs.Irving sat in her desk and watched the boys.

Rue walked to set detention and sat in a seat. She went there early so she sat all the way in the back. School got out a 3:00 it was 2:55 when Mr.Avery walked through the door.

"Well your here early." he said.

"Let's just get this over with I got places to be."Rue put her feet on the desk and sat back. A few kids were in detention too. One girl that has been to detention plenty of times came in and stopped when she saw Rue in her seat. Maria Person stood over Rue with discuss. Maria was the most popular girl in school everyone was afraid of her but also loved her. And they would do anything she say.Maria Person had light brown eyes and long blonde hair. She had a skinny waist and a pretty face.Head cheerleader and party animal. Some call her Queen Maria but Rue didn't give one.

"Get up fatty."Maria told Rue. Rue sat in that same spot. She knew about Maria and she didn't care who she was. "I said get up."

"Look here with your disgraceful ass breath I'm nothing like the bitches that's scared of your weak ass I have been called every name in the book. I mean Fatty? Really? Really bitch that's all you got? But look you don't own this seat your name is not on it. So sit somewhere else and don't be a bitch."Rue said back looking straight ahead.

"Look here man hands this is my seat and I suggest you get up or I will make it hell on you. I will push it so far that you are going to want to kill yourself. I have the power to do that. I will have you at the bottom of my shoe."

"Sorry bitch Rue don't die in this game. You funny though with that 'I'll make your life hell and kill yourself' shit let's me know you got a since of humor. But you need to take a seat with your too much make up wearing ass I bet if you put your face on the wall it would leave an imprint."

"Oh-"

"Ladies is there a problem?" Mr.Avery asked them.

"No sir but she seems to have one. She came to me but if she has a problem that's none of my business." Rue said and pulled out her homework.

"Then sit down and be quiet no talking." Mr.Avery went back grading papers.

"Welcome to hell bitch."Maria said.

"I been there and back I need no welcome but you girl don't know me that well." Rue went back to doing her homework."If it's a fight you want then it will be fight you will get."