Chapter 25

'Mom? Why are you shouting soo early in the morning?'Cameron asked softly although he had a bad feeling about it. His mother only called him by his full name when she was angry with him or had a bone to pick with him.

'Soo early in the morning? It's 2 pm!'she exclaimed. His eyes widened and he looked at the time on phone. Wow. It was really 2. He had never woken up soo late before, even when he had been in his partying phase. He wondered why.

'But that's not why I called you. Why do you have a new girlfriend and didn't tell us? No phone call, no text, no email. I had to buy a sleazy newspaper just to know what's going on in my son's life. Don't you think that's a bit extreme?'

He was lost. What girlfriend? Was she talking about Sharon? But how did they find out? Although there had been mentions of him and Sharon in the papers, it was fairly innocuous. Just him and his friend going out. Now, there were mentions of their relationship escalating? In the papers that was. Their relationship had gone on to the next level in their private lives.

'Why were you even buying the sleazy paper, Mom? You could have just called me.'

'We know how well that worked,'she said drily and he had to flush. He had a history of passing his calls to his then hookup just to get her off his back. That hadn't gone well but she had stopped calling him unexpectedly. 'But enough about that. From the looks in the paper, the both of you looked pretty serious. I've never seen you look so tenderly at any woman before. She must be special. Where did you two meet-'

'What's all that noise?'Sharon suddenly mumbled. She opened one eye to investigate and both eyes shot open when she saw their position. 'Cameron?! What are you doing here? Why are we tangled like this?' She started to move away but he snaked an arm around her waist to keep her in place. He liked the position they were in.

'Ooohh. Is that her? Let me talk to her,'his mom squealed excitedly in his ear. He had to hold the phone away to protect his hearing. Sharon was rubbing the sleepiness out of her eyes while he tried to find a way out of his predicament. 'Cameron, I demand to talk to your girlfriend. Oh, but I don't even know her name. What is it?'

'It's, um, Sharon,'he muttered. She stopped rubbing her eyes and looked at him quizzically. 'Mom, this is not a convenient time to talk.'

'Oh. Why?'she asked. She continued without waiting for a reply. 'Is she there in the bed with you? Oh my god. I can't believe you're answering me when she's right beside you, probably naked, probably  trying to sex you up. Ew, ew, ew. You should have better timing.' She sounded soo disgusted.

'Jennifer!'he heard his father reprimand from the background.

'Well, how would you feel if the person in the other line is getting aroused by some naked, beautiful lady?'she returned.

'I'd say he's lucky and hang up. Then I'd find my own beautiful lady and get her naked for my pleasure,'his father answered and he could feel the bile climbing up his throat. He knew his parents' relationship was still strong to this very day, he had seen evidence of that every day of his life. And he knew their sex life was still active. That had been awkward and embarrassing, especially during his teenage years.

Sharon giggled beside him. During his parent's argument, or should it be labelled flirting, gag,she had climbed up the bed, leaned on his shoulder and put her ear as close to the phone as possible. He, being the considerate boyfriend that he was, transferred the phone to his other side, the side which was nearer to her.

'Please. Stop. I don't want the image in my head, no matter how beautiful you are, mom,'he quickly cut in before his mother could throw a rejoinder. 'How about we meet for dinner? At your favourite restaurant. I'll even pick up the tab.' Sharon  was shaking her head vigorously at that. He didn't know why she was against the idea but he knew this was the fastest way to end the call. She tried to pry the phone away but he just stood up and walked away. 'Hello?' He heard her fall and saw that her legs were entangled in the blankets.