Chapter 8

Sharon felt someone shaking her. She batted the hands away and turned over, getting back to sleep. The same hands shook her again. She frowned and threw her pillow in the general direction of this pest. She heard it hit someone and smiled sleepily in satisfaction. ''This would teach you,''she laughed to herself as she felt herself fall back to sleep

Well, she tried. She twisted and turned for a few minutes before sitting up. She glared blearily at the pillow she had just thrown. ''If I didn't get the pillow, i couldn't sleep. But I'm too lazy to get up and get it. But if I didn't get it, I wouldn't sleep. But if i do get up, I  wouldn't sleep, which defeats the purpose.''

She argued with herself for a few moments longer before she decided to just get the damn pillow. Trudging unhappily to get the pillow, she bemoaned the size of the room. It had been great at first sight but when she was awoken at god knows what time in the morning, with the sun not out yet, it was a major turnoff.

'Hey,'she heard someone say,'you're awake.' She turned to the doorway and squinted at the light pouring in from the hall. Cameron was standing there, looking soo hot and delicious in his tank top and running shorts. She felt her heart stutter for a while.

'Cameron? What are you doing awake?'she asked as she rubbed her eyes to get rid of the sleepiness.

'I was trying to wake you up to get you to go jogging with me,'he said chirpily. She was instantly awake at that. She shot Cameron a horrified look, which he ignored. 'But now that you're awake, we can be on our way.'

She hugged the pillow to her chest and shook her head vigorously. He grinned and advanced. She took a step back. He took another step and she retreated. This tango continued until he had enough. He bolted to her and caught her before she could react.

'Cameron,'she shrieked into his ears, trying to break his hold. 'I don't want to go jogging. It's evil and unnecessary. I hate it. Why do I have to go jogging?'

'Because I didn't like watching you gorge on 2 tubs of ice cream and do nothing about it,'he answered as he deposited her in the bathroom. 'Now, wash up and get ready. If you're not out in 15 minutes, I'll barge in again and you wouldn't want that would you?'

She glared at the door before giving in.

  - -----@@@@@--------

'Now wasn't that a good workout?'Cameron asked once they were back in the penthouse. Sharon, who was panting on the couch, shot him a look laced with disbelief. 'Come on, you kept up 70% of the way. This Is good. And we didn't go far.'

'Cameron, if you want any food today, I'd suggest you stop talking,'she said breathlessly.

He stopped talking. He liked her cooking. Even though it was simple, it would rival the best restaurants he had eaten in and win hands down. They had also started taking their meals together. It started at breakfast the previous morning. It had been nice to sit down and share a meal together. He had gotten to know her better.

At dinner, he learnt to never mess with her and ice cream. Ever. And never try to force her to tall about something she was not ready to reveal yet. Not if you want your lasagna to be mixed with ice cream and you were forced to eat it in front of her. His stomach still rebelled at the vile concoction. But he still looked forward to their next meal together. That was why he kept his mouth shut.

'Why don't you take a shower?'he suggested. She nodded but didn't get up. She still looked a bit winded. He was getting worried. 'Are you alright, Sharon? Are you hurt anywhere?'

'No, no. It's just that I haven't be exercising since I left high school,'she confessed. She sent him a faint smile. 'This has really shown me how unhealthy I am but it has been rather invigorating. After I am done with panting that is.'

He chuckled. He was glad that he had helped her become more active. 'Well, I go for a run every morning. Do you want to join me?'

She though it over. 'Maybe,'she said slowly. 'If I'm not awoken at the ungodly hour that you set this morning, then yes.'

She looked so hopefully at him that he was reluctant to decline. But he had never had to change his schedule for a woman. Not for his previous hook ups and relationships. He had never had the desire to, despite all the pout, tantrums and sexual favours thrown his way. However, with Sharon, he heard himself agreeing to wake her up an hour later than his usual time.

She gave him a brilliant smile and he felt his heart soar with pride that he had made her happy. She started to get up. 'Now, time for me to finish the ice cream.'

'What? I thought you had just resolved to be healthier?'he teased as he followed her to the kitchen.

'I'll start tomorrow, Cameron,'she said mulishly as she dug out things to make for breakfast. 'Plus I'm still angry that you woke me up at that ungodly hour. Not even the garbage man was out yet!'

He laughed and was about to answer her when there was a knock on the door.

AN Hey guys, hope you enjoyed it. This was a bit difficult to write. Please PM me if you think the flow a bit too haphazard.  Thanks.