Chapter 20

AN Unedited

Cameron glanced at Sharon and heaved an internal sigh. She had been distant and awkward since their kiss. She left him with the oh soo dreamy Dr Raymond, even though he had specifically laid down the law. But he'd let this slide due to the extenuating circumstance. The kiss. Their kiss.

He himself couldn't explain why he had done what he had done. He had felt an unexplainable anger and jealousy when he had her sigh,'Soo dreamy.' He had thought she was talking about him but when he saw the direction of her gaze, this fire began to burn in his chest.

It didn't help that they talked about him as if he wasn't there. They dared discuss his shoulder without consulting him. He had seen her throw him a few irritated glances. He had interpreted them as looking at him as a pesky fly, preventing her from enjoying the entire dreamy glory that was Dr Raymond Tucker. The doctor didn't help either. He kept flirting with Sharon, even though she had been herself, utterly clueless and adorable. He'd felt the fire burn even hotter.

In the consultation room, there was no easing the flames. He knew he'd taken cheap, immature shots at the man but he couldn't help the level of satisfaction he'd felt when he saw the good, dreamy doctor becoming flustered. He was going to continue when Sharon suddenly jumped up and shouted at him. He's seen the doctor scurry out as fast as his skinny legs could carry him.

He had resolved to remain silent, unresponsive but when she rubbed his shoulder in question, he'd caved. If she'd continued screaming and ranting at him, he'd have remained strong. He wished she'd continued to scream at him. Then he wouldn't have revealed his burning level of jealousy. A feeling he had little to no contact with until that day. A feeling he would have been happy to ignore and play off as protectiveness if she hadn't rubbed his shoulder, showing that she was concerned about him. Showed that she wanted to help him.

She had been incredulous then angry. She'd started to go on another rant. He could only hear 'jump his bones', 'jump into any man's pants', 'do the bedroom tango' and all he could picture was the doctor and her in bed, doing things HE should do. Only him. In his mind, everything was saying,'Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine.'

He'd used the excuse she'd given him. Even if she hadn't given him an out, he would have still kissed her, put a claim on her. Any claim. And he couldn't help the primal satisfaction when he'd seen the disappointment on the SOO DREAMY doctor's face when he'd caught them in the act.

They had returned to their professional roles after that outburst. Cameron had cooperated with the doctor and found him, as much as he hated to say it, good. Quite possibly the best he had ever gone to. It hurt him to even think about it. Gag.

However, while going through the exercises and continuous prods from Raymond, he had an epiphany. Where were they going next? Were they in a relationship now? A part of his said,'NO! HELL NO!' But the majority of his mind said,'Yes. She is MINE. No other man can have her. EVER.' He didn't know where the possessiveness came from. He'd never felt this with any of his previous relationships. He needed time to think about it.

However, he knew he didn't have time. From the way Sharon's brows were creased since their kiss and her distant attitude, he knew she was going to do something he wouldn't like. Like, maybe, move away. He couldn't allow that to happen. So, he would do what all men dread to do when in a relationship. He would talk about his feelings.

  - ----@@@@--------

'I'm going to cook dinner,'Sharon said and escaped to the kitchen. She let out a deep sigh of relief when Cameron didn't follow her. She needed some time and space. To think. To sort out her feelings. To decide on what to do next.