Chapter 7

Sharon felt her phone vibrate again in her pockets. It has been ringing since she ended the call with Cameron.  Can't the guy tell she didn't want to talk about it? That she'll talk when she wanted to? No, he had to keep calling for what had to be about the millionth time in the last one hour. Well she was getting pissed off and irritated. Separately, she could ride it out relatively peacefully but combined, she would become a dragon being forcibly awoken from hibernation to find that he was being castrated with a dull spoon. It was not a good combination.

Her phone vibrated again.

'Can you please stop calling me?'she shouted into the phone. She ignored the looks she was garnering from the shoppers in the supermarket. She was that irritated. 'I will call and talk to you when I want to.'

'What? Sharon, what's wrong?'

Her heart bottomed out when she heard her sister's voice.  She was scrambling for a good reply. She came up with nothing.

'Sharon Caroline Ashwood, you had better tell me right now who has been disturbing you,'Amelia barked. Oh man, she had her mother voice out. She could never refuse her when she was confronted with that voice. And her full name was used. It must be serious. ' If you don't tell me right now, I'll be on the next flight down to new York.'

'What? No, don't cut short your trip. Scott and you had been planning the trip for months. It's Cameron,'she finally revealed. 'He wants to know what happened during the interview. And all I asked is whether he wanted ice cream. Can you believe him?'

'Sharon, when a woman wants ice cream, that usually means that something bad happened. With you it must be something extremely bad. So what happened?'Amelia asked, amused. Dang it, she knew her soo well. 'Come on. Cameron has been bugging me too. He's been calling me continuously for the past half an hour. To ask about you. What do you like to do when you are upset, how to cheer you up. He has never been this concerned over his past hook ups or even girlfriends. What have you done to him?'

Sharon started feeling bad. The fact that Cameron went to Amelia made her angrier at first but what had just been revealed made her feel ten times better. She felt that she should repay Cameron for his concern and what better way than food?

'I'll call you back,'she told Amelia absently.

'You'd better.'

Sharon laughed slightly while she put the call for Cameron. He answered immediately.

'Where have you been? I have been calling you for the past hour and you didn't pick up. Do you know how worried I was? Never mind.  Just tell me where you are. I'll pick you up,'he said, finally winding down. Sharon giggled. She had never had anyone worry about her before. Except for Amelia that is. It created a warm feeling in her chest.

'Cameron, I'm fine,'she said, ignoring his huff of disbelief. 'Seriously. Even though the interview didn't go as well as I expected, I have already decided that I won't accept the job. It would be weird working for Scott.'

'What do you mean, didn't go as well as you expected? Did he insult you?'

'What if he did? What are you going to do about it? Beat him up for me?'she teased.

'Well first, I'd bring him to the most secluded corner on earth and then I'll beat him up soo bad he'll have to get plastic surgery to be recognised again,'he growled. She laughed and tried to stifle it when people gave her censorious looks. 'What? You don't think I can do it?' He gave her a fake whiny voice.

'Well sure but I don't want you to. He would still recognise you. And where would that leave me? Broke from bailing you out and a bad reputation that would make it even harder for me to find a job.' She heard him chuckle. She was happy that they were back on familiar ground. 'Look, I'm glad that you care enough about me to harass me but  unless I broach the subject, I'm not ready to talk about it. I may not be good at giving the silent treatment but I am good at avoiding you treatment. Although that has not worked well with Amelia and me,'she finished wryly. The line was silent. She looked at the screen and saw that the call was still ongoing. She waited for him while ambling down the aisles idly, noticing the wide array of produce and spices. ''I should get something to eat later,''she thought to herself.

'Did you just say, 'I should make something to eat later' while we are having this serious discussion?'Cameron asked incredulously.

Sharon chuckled sheepishly. 'Oops. I though I thought that to myself. It must have slipped out,'she said apologetically. 'I'm just hungry. I didn't have much of breakfast and I skipped lunch since I was soo angry at you and the idiot.'

'Why don't we continue this discussion at the penthouse?'he finally suggested. 'You grab whatever you want to cook and I'll get the ice cream. The good kind. I'll pick you up within an hour. And a half.' He hurriedly tacked the last part before Sharon could protest. She agreed enthusiastically and started shopping.

  - -----@@@@@---------

Cameron parked his car in the lot of the supermarket that Sharon said she was at but he didn't see her anywhere. The market was a chain that can be found all over the country and they have a reputation for fresh, clean products. He had personally never shopped in it before but he had what he needed delivered. It was a trustworthy brand.

He hoped Sharon won't take long. He was strangely anticipating her presence. Conversely, he was also bewildered by his need to be near her or at least know where she was and what she was doing. He had only met her last night too. No one had ever had such a big impression on him. The hour she had ignored him had been horrible on him. He had almost gone mad. He had made a last ditch effort calling Amelia. Luckily it bore fruit and Sharon called him.

Speak of the devil. Sharon had just exited the store. She was carrying a lot of items. He hoped she hadn't spent too much. He turned off his engine and got out to help her when he noticed another man exiting the store with her. He was kind of ordinary, tall and lanky. Brown hair, polo shirt amused did blue Levis.  She was conversing with him in a comfortable manner. Not as comfortable as she was with him but enough that it got his hackles up. He was staring the man down while they were making their way to him.

'Hey, Cameron,'Sharon greeted cheerfully. 'Meet Gabriel, my new friend.' The man, Gabriel, greeted him with a smile which faltered when he met Cameron's glare. Sharon was oblivious to the men's posturing. 'We met when I was about to put away some items that I needed. He allowed me to use some of his coupons. I hadn't been here long enough to find and collect any relevant coupons.'

It irked Cameron slightly when he heard her talking about obtaining coupons. It's not like she couldn't ask him for money to buy their groceries. And yes, it was theirs. He foresee them living together in the foreseeable future so he should contribute to their household expenses too. And he will. After he got rid of this Gabriel.

He just grunted and helped her fill his trunk with her purchases. Gabriel moved to help but he blocked him while snatching their purchases off his hand. Gabriel started to frown but cleared his face when he saw Cameron's forbidding expression.

What was the dick head still doing there? Didn't he see that he wasn't needed? Sharon wasn't even talking to him or encouraging him whatsoever. She was clearly in her zone, thinking of what to cook. That didn't stop him from sidestepping Cameron and helping Sharon, touching her hand when she passed the bags, lingering longer than necessary when they touched.

Cameron was near frothing when they were done. He wanted to grab Sharon and shove her into the car. She, however, had manners. Damn you, society and the need to be polite.

'Thank you for the help, Gabriel, and your coupons. Maybe we can meet up-'

'Yeah, yeah. You've said thank you, you've said goodbye,'Cameron cut in rudely. He didn't want them to meet up again. Ever. Sharon shot him a bewildered and mildly scandalised look. He ignored her. He grabbed her waist and led her to her side of the car, leaving Gabriel at the back. 'We'll see you when we see you, Gabriel.'

He made sure Sharon was strapped in and wasn't planning to get out. He made his way to his side of the car, shooting a withering glare at his enemy. He had the nerve to look amused. Well, whatever. At least he had gotten Sharon away from him.

'So did you get the ice cream?' was the first thing Sharon asked him. She looked soo hopefully at him while she surreptiously searched his car. He chuckled. She seemed to have one track mind about ice cream.

'No, we'll get it on the way back,'he told her. She huffed disappointedly. 'I didn't want it to melt. I didn't know how long you would take.' He tried to defend himself but she wasn't appeased.

'Fine. As long as we get good ice cream,'she mumbled grumpily.

Well, he now knows where he stands with ice cream. Dead last.

A/N HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!! And hope that you have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! CHEERS