Chapter 15

Matt was on the phone when Cameron burst in. He raised his brow in amusement when he saw Cameron locking the door. He brought his conversation to a close by the time Cameron had settled into a chair.

'So what is this about?'he asked Cameron. His answer was silence. 'Let me guess, it is  about Sharon.'

'How'd you know?'Cameron asked, sitting up. 'I would've thought your first question would be about the therapist.'

'Sharon came in first thing in the morning and warned me that you would be stopping by. She told me, in no certain terms, that she was going to off me if I allowed you to interfere with her work,'he told him. He laughed slightly when he remembered the fierce expression on the small woman. She had looked soo serious but it had been dampened by her build. 'Did anyone ever tell her that she should not threaten what she can't deliver?

'Well, that's Sharon for you. She had given me the same threat too and had tried to bring her sister in on it. Tried being the key word,'Cameron said, smiling. He was surprised that Sharon had warned Matt but that would not change his game plan. 'So, about Sharon's work-'

'Woah, woah, woah,'Matt interrupted. 'I do not want to get in between the both of you. 'Plus, aside from her threat to off me, she said she will make my life a living hell if I accede to your demand. Now, I don't know how she will do that but she looked very serious when she said that. Do you know how she is going to carry that out?'

'I don't know but I'm sure she'll think of something,'Cameron replied. He covered his smile with his hand when he saw the bewilderment on Matt's face. It was like finding out a cute, docile kitten turning into a tiger.

He knew that Sharon might initially come across as shy, quiet, a pushover, but, as he and Matt have found out, she would become as intractible as a bull and as immovable as a boulder if she found the matter at hand too important to give in to. And sometimes, he suspects, to be as ornery as possible.

But to get back to the matter at hand. 'Is there any way for Sharon to stop doing the menial work that she is doing?'he asked. He went on before Matt could cut in. 'She is grossly over qualified. And some of the work she had done was based on information 3 years ago. Some of the players have retired. I don't see the point of her doing this.'

'Look, Cameron. All entrant agent undergo this process. This is to prepare them for their role and get them to understand the industry better,'Matt told him. 'Sharon is very new to the industry and even the sports. If she had any clue of who is who, or how each sport is played, I would allow her more leeway. But you know how she is. She doesn't even know you. How can I, with a clear conscience, allow her to meet clients with no background information? It'll be like throwing a child into the pool to teach him to swim.'

'You allowed her to accompany me to the therapist appointment,'Cameron mumbled. He didn't want to see the logic of Matt's argument but it still disappointed him that Sharon was doing something beneath her. He had found her this job, thinking it would help her springboard herself but it seemed he had dragged her down.

'You were rather adamant about that. I believe you didn't even aks,'Matt said. 'Plus she hadn't threaten to off me then.' They shared a laugh at Sharon's quirky threats.

'I guess I can't do anything about her work then,'he sighed. 'I hope I have not made things awkward for her.'

There was a knock on the door.

'Cameron, I know you're in there,'they heard Sharon said. They shared a 'oh shit' look even though they hadn't done anything that would warrant an off-ing. 'Well, you can stay there. Your friend, Logan, have just offered to buy me coffee. We'll talk when I get back.'

'Get back? You're going alone, right?' Cameron asked. He heard her giggle. He had to smile slightly at the light sound. Even though he knew she was laughing at him.

'Of course not,'she said. 'I'm going with Logan.' He lost his smile.

Sharon? Alone with Logan? One of the biggest, if not THE biggest, man-whore in the team? Hell no!!!

  - -----@@@@@@@-------------

Sharon stood between Logan and Cameron in the elevator. There was a weird tension between the two men that had commenced when Cameron had stormed out of Matt's office with a stormy scowl directed at Logan. Nothing bad been said but Logan was more guarded and less charming.

Sharon had never stood between, or ever been near, two uberly hot guys before. Cameron was a blond god. He had the most golden hair she had ever seen. And this was on a guy. His face was like a runway model but he had a few scars and his nose looked like it had been broken a few times before. He was 6'3, almost a head taller than her, but she felt safe, comfortable beside him. However, currently, his dark grey eyes reflected his stormy mood.

Logan, on the other hand, was dark. He had black hair and his tan was darker than Cameron's. His face was perpetually brooding, ferocious. His face held even more scars than Cameron's, his nose more crooked. He was bigger than Cameron, if that was even possible. He was taller and bulkier. She was sure when he was down on the field, most people were scared of him. Terrified even.

However, he had the brightest, kindest, bluest blue eyes she had ever encountered. It was a pure blue color. Not that she was saying he was a pure being but his eyes could convince her otherwise. Furthermore, his crow's feet indicated that his life had been filled with much laughter. She like him and believe they would be great friends but she would never be as comfortable with him as she was with Cameron.

'Where are you going?'Cameron asked when she veered to the left while they went right. 'The cafe is this way.'

'Do you think that I would buy coffee when someone has offered to treat me?'she asked. They looked puzzled. 'There's this great ice cream parlor a few blocks down. I haven't tried it before but I've heard a lot about it.  All good.'

'Sharon, you know about our deal,' Cameron said exasperatedly. She grimaced at him. The night before, Cameron had emphatically told her that she would not get any ice cream until she finished a nutritious meal. To quote,'As an athlete that treasures healthy eating, I can not and will not condone such abhorrent eating habits.' She had tried to change his mind. Oh, how she tried. Cameron had remained firm.

'You did not say that I can't accept treats or gifts. I have been taught that it would be rude to reject one,'she told him gleefully. She was basking in her triumph that so much so that she didn't realise she had grabbed Logan's hand and was pulling him along. 'Come on, Logan. I'll bring you to this place that sells the most divine thing. Gelato.  I've looked it up and it's exactly my kind of thing-'

Her hand was snatched out of Logan's grasp. She turned and stared blankly at Cameron. He had her hand firmly in his grasp. He didn't look like he was going to let it go. He also was not looking at anyone. Logan just have his friend an inscrutable look before smiling charmingly at Sharon.

'So where is this divine place?'Cameron asked, or more appropriately, barked.

AN Hi guys. I have finally put a description of Cameron. I hope I got it right. If anyone has any proof otherwise, please let me know.

I just realise that I need a good cover. can anyone help me with designing one? or if you know someone who ca help me, let me know.

Thanks for all your support. :)