Chapter 19

They were currently in a small meeting room. The atmosphere was tense but at least the room was nice. The walls were a calming pale green, very calming. The window overlooked the city but since they were on the 45th floor, they escaped the noise of the city. The three of them were sitting around a round, glass table in extremely comfortable chairs-she had to get Cameron to buy it for her immediately. Well, she had to do that after she dealt with his sudden sullenness.

It had started just as they were being greeted by his chosen therapist, Dr Raymond Tucker. He ignored the proffered hand, she had to take it just so they wouldn't look rude. He had glared at the man for the entire time she and him were talking about Cameron's shoulder. And why was she talking to him about Cameron's shoulder even though the owner of said shoulder was right beside them? Let's just say he was extremely rude and coarse without going into all the vulgar details. She was very upset with him.

They finally moved to the meeting room. She had hoped that Cameron would become more civil. He had been perfectly polite to that sexual-harassment-waiting-to-happen therapist. Her hopes had been dashed when he either answered in monosyllabus or made snide comment about Raymond's look, totally ignoring the question. She was soo irritated and aghast that she couldn't enjoy her comfy chair. And that was a travesty!

After one extremely rude and vulgar comment, she burst. 'What the heck is wrong with you?!!'she shouted at Cameron, jumping to her feet. 'You have been rude, uncooperative, vulgar, rude, snide, and let's not forget rude, since we've gotten here. I know you are capable of being civil, polite even. From our previous interactions, I have seen that your career choice has not made you lose the few brain cells that had survived the hard knocks of 18 years of football. So why are you acting like this?'

He stayed in his seat, glaring at the wall away from her. He reminded her of a toddler being punished with a timeout. Sullen, unresponsive, stubborn and utterly cute. Unbidden, her mouth twitched up. When faced with the utterly adorable face that was the pouting, or the more masculine term, scowling,  Cameron, her anger faded.

'Cameron,'she said softly, running her hand across his shoulder. 'What's wrong?'

'Well, one, you used rude to describe me three times. Once, I may have missed it. Twice, well, that's a clue right there. Thrice is just an overkill. Two, you smiled at my misery,'he said incredulously, giving her a fierce look.

'I didn't,'she exclaimed. At his unwavering stare, she conceeded. 'I may have smiled slightly. But you can't blame me if you look so darned cute.'

'Cute? You do not call a man cute,'he gasped. 'Have we not had this discussion before? Your memory must be failing you. and you don't have the excuse of football.'

'Adorable, then?'she asked mischievously, letting his snarky comment slide pass. He ignored her.

'Three, you insult the very sport that is near and dear to my heart. And, to add insult to injury, you called me stupid,'he accused. She decided to sit down and get comfortable since she believed their arguemnt was going to take a while.

'Well, with the way you were behaving, excuse me if I had to find something to blame it on,'she huffed. And before she could forget,'We have to get this chair. Maybe buy shares in the company. It's soo comfy.'

He nodded before returning to their previous topic. 'If you think my behavior is bad, why don't you just go out and join the soo dreamy Dr Raymond? Maybe let him impress you with his oh so proper manner,'he spat.

It was only then that she realised that the doctor had left the room. Probably scared away by her scream. She didn't understand Cameron's animosity with the man. The man was hot. Did he steal Cameron's girlfriend? Or should she say hook up?

Raymond was dreamy, hot. His white blonde hair, dark eyes, toned physique-even though he was clothed, his body structure totally gave away his dreamy bode. Plus he had offered her his arm when he brought them to the room.and she could feel his muscles bunching up under her fingers. His face looked like it had been carved from a statue. Narrow, straight nose. Piercing eyes. Sharp cheekbones. Full lips. Just thinking about it brought butterflies to her stomach.

However, he didn't hold a candle to Cameron. In her honest, and probably, biased, opinion, Cameron was more masculine than Raymond. His face, although imperfect, gave him a bad boy air. Women flock towards him, even when they were at the supermarket. Most of them knew him because of football but some just came up to him for his looks and only his looks. She should know, she had asked some of them. Those were some of the weirdest conversation she had ever had in her life. He also liked to walk around the apartment shirtless. So she had caught herself ogling him from time to time. And she was sure he was aware of it with the smirk he sent her whenever she snapped herself out of it. Conceited jerk. But who wouldn't be? He had an eight-pack. Eight-pack! Before meeting him, she'd though it was a myth brought upon us mere humans by photoshop and other cool technology. He created even greater butterflies in her stomach with his looks and his kind, understanding and patient attitude. Well, less patient and more dictating. But it was all because he was concerned with her. She couldn't fault him for that

'What do you mean by that?'she asked curiously. He sent her a sharp glare but when she just looked up at him expectantly, he exhaled loudly.

'I can't believe I'd have to explain this,'he muttered to himself. 'Well, clearly, you are attracted to him and he is also attracted to  you. So why don't you stop flirting and be with him?!' He had started out normal but towards the end, he had raised his voice.

'Yes I'm attracted but I don't want to jump his bones,'she said slowly as she tried to process whatever he just said. Did he sound-dare she say it-jealous? But why? 'Who do you think I am? One of those skanks that'll jump into any man's pants just because he's attractive? Let me be clear here, I want to get to know the guy first before I even let him kiss me. For at least 2 weeks. And then it'll take him another month to get me into his bed. So I resent the implication that I'd do the bedroom tango with him just because I find him attractive.'

He was silent then she saw his smug grin. 'We've known each other for 2 weeks. So when will I get my kiss?'he teased. She rolled her eyes.

'N-'

Before she could get the word out, he had brought his lips down onto hers and his arms were bands on her back, drawing her further into his embrace. She tried to fight him but it felt soo good, soo right. Finally, she relaxed and gave her over to his prowess. Before she got lost in the haze of lust, her final though was that there was no going back after this.

AN hey guys. sorry that this is a short chapter. i feel that since it's been soo long since I've updated, I'll just give you guys something to chew on while i work on the next one. hope you enjoy :)

I'll definitely update more often since exams are over!!

Read, comment and vote guys. THANKS!!