.21. He's still alive

Bruce soon found himself in a car being driven by Frost. The joker had ordered Harleen to stay behind with the rest of the men. While Jack had been preparing to say goodbye to the Joker forever, the madman had other plans.
He knew damn well what jack was thinking. They shared the same body and mind.
But with Bruce waltzing easily into his clutches, he knew damn well what had to be done.
And quickly.

"Where are you taking me?" Bruce growled.

"Oh relax Brucey! We're taking a trip down memory lane," The joker smiled.

"Whatever game this is, clown..."
"No games Bruce. We're way past that at this point. Now we bring out the big guns." The joker looked at Bruce dully.

As soon as the car began to slow down, he looked out the window and his eyes lit up

"We're home." He grinned.
Bruce looked out at the large sign ahead of them.

"Ace chemicals? Why are we here?" Bruce asked. The plant was definitely familiar to him as criminals would often frequent the plant since it was deserted and dangerous.

"Did you know I used to be a chemist?" The Joker asked, laughing as he exited the vehicle.
"Alllll that brain matter and look at me now! Ahahaha!" He laughed out as he pulled a handcuffed Bruce out of the car.

"You know Bruce, I used to work here. Cmon! Let me give you the grand tour!" The Joker laughed as he pulled Bruce roughly along.
The hostage couldn't protest at this point as he was outnumbered and completely helpless.

"Sooo this is the front door." The joker spoke as he walked through the door with Bruce. "Excuse the stench. It's putrid but it's home ahahah!"

"Why did you bring me here clown? I'm sure it's more than just a tour of a chemical plant." Bruce stated.

"You're so right bats! Think of it as a...renaissance of sorts..HAHAHA!!" The Joker laughed as he pushed Bruce up the metal steps, climbing up higher and higher until they reached the very top. Once there, he stopped advancing and pushed Bruce forward towards the edge of the platform.

Bruce turned around and found himself at the edge, looking down at the multiple boiling vats of chemicals.

He felt sick just taking in the stench.

"Once upon a time," The Joker started, making Bruce turn to face him, "there lived a man. His name was Jack. He was intelligent, good-looking, and funny! Very popular with the ladies."

The Joker walked towards Bruce.

"But Jack was happily married to the love of his life, a young woman with her whole life ahead of her. She was the most beautiful woman Jack had ever laid eyes on." The Joker stopped and sighed. "Unfortunately, Jack, the numskull, decided to leave his stable job as a chemist here in this very plant, and pursue comedy. A fatal mistake."