.20. A little chat

(Jack POV)

Harleen has been out of the hospital for a month now. We haven't spoken to Ivy since the whole falling out.

It's been a grueling month. My mood swings have been insufferable and at times, i've had to lock myself in my own underground prison, practically begging Frost to keep me detained despite what the Joker had to say about it. And though my subordinates are deathly afraid of crossing the clown by not giving into his demands, they are even more loyal to Jack, who is a far more understanding and reasonable man.

"Boss, he's here." Frost announced.

(Normal POV)

"Send him in," Jack said as he watched the door, expecting the person to enter.

"Joker," the man was seething as he walked quickly over to me, his fists balled up. Jack stifled a laugh as Bruce approached him, it had been too long. The man was completely covered head to toe, in a large hoodie and baggie pants. He almost looked like a beggar.

"Jack, actually. You should know that Bruce." Jack sighed as he motioned for him to sit.

"It's joker. Jack is just a ruse. And now I'm a wanted man because of you," Bruce said as he stared daggers at Jack.

"It's really nothing personal. The GCPD has been on my case since teenage-hood." Jack said in an annoyed voice.

"Are you sure about that?" Bruce asked

"I can assure you that you and I have no personal problems, Bruce. It's just a little bittersweet looking at you. That used to be me, hiding away from the world. Disguised, constantly. Any idea what that could do to a man?" Jack asked as he walked to the makeshift bar to the corner of the room.

Bruce stood still, keeping his mouth shut.

"Besides, you and I do our best work together." Jack poured two shot glasses to the brim with a bottle of scotch.

"You're delusional." Bruce scoffed.

"No, my friend. In fact, I have you to thank." Jack said as he held Bruce's shot glass out towards him, urging him to take it.

After staring for a few seconds, Bruce's hardened expression didn't falter

After staring for a few seconds, Bruce's hardened expression didn't falter. Jack pulled his hand away, putting Bruce's shot glass on the table before him and downing his own drink.

He sighed and sat down, looking up at Bruce.

"Sit. We need to talk." Jack said in a much more serious tone.

Bruce did as he was told, noticing the change in his voice.

"I called you here today to thank you." Jack said.

"Thank me?" Bruce asked.

"I only existed because of you. The Joker and Batman, the real dynamic duo! And as much as I hate to admit it, Brucey, you created me. And you wouldn't kill me, not because of some moral fiber that held your humanity together, but because without me, you have no purpose." Jack said.

Bruce shook his head.

"I'm trying to clean up Gotham, and that means I have to put the idea of the Joker to bed. So with that said, you could understand how Batman wouldn't fit into the model of Gotham I am trying to rebuild." Jack continued.

"There's nothing wrong with the foundational integrity of Gotham. The only thing that really screws this place up are criminals like you." Bruce spat.

"I'm not a criminal. Jack Napier is no criminal." Jack said through clenched teeth.

" Jack said through clenched teeth

"Jack Napier? Or The Joker..." Bruce leaned in as he whispered those words.

"There's a world of difference." Jack said.

"I don't think so," Bruce said.

"Jack Napier was once a happy man whose world fell apart because.... because..." He needed to control himself. Jack felt himself nearly choke as the words were about to fall from his mouth.

The Joker was clawing away, fighting to get out.

And it wasn't the Joker knew either. It was the ill-controlled, side-effect laden demon that Ivy's injections had left behind. In short, Bruce wouldn't survive this little meeting.

And for now, Jack needed Bruce alive.

Jack fell on his knees, cradling his head in his hands, groaning out as the migraine-type pain surged through his skull.

Bruce watched in panic and instinctually tried to get closer to help the fallen man. But Jack shoved him away.

"GO! NOW!!" Jack managed to scream, alerting his henchmen as well. He was now surrounded by Frost, Bruce, and at least a dozen other of his workers.

"What's happening?!" Bruce shouted at Frost, who was watching helplessly as his boss was being overcome by the menace he was trying to keep hidden away.

By this time, Harley was rushing down the stairs. She didn't even notice Bruce there as she immediately rushed to Jack and held him in her arms.

"Jack!! What's happening!? I'm here baby, I'm here sugar, I love you!" She exclaimed, trying to calm him down.

"FUCK!" Jack screamed, pushing Harley away too and looking up at Bruce.

"OH Bruceyyy..." the sing-song voice of the Joker was heard and soon after was followed by his maniacal laughter.

Bruce watched as Jack straightened up, but his posture was different. His eyes and grin, completely different. There was something far twisted about the man that stood before him now.

"Oh Bruce, it would have been extremely rude if I hadn't shown. You're my best friend after all!" The Joker looked around at everyone surrounding him.

"Frosty boy! Good to see you again! Ace! Is that a new suit?" The Joker pointed to one of the henchmen, giving him a thumbs up.

Once he spotted Harley, he grinned and walked slowly to her, pulling her closer by her waist.

"Daddy's got a little treat for ya tonight, pumpkin.." he rasped as he licked her cheek. She loved it but she also didn't. There was something dishonest and menacing about him that gave her the chills. She just knew in the end, she was in for a world of hurt.

The Joker turned to Bruce and his smile was gone. His eyes were daggers, staring right into Bruce's. He nodded to a few of his men, who held Bruce firmly up now, imprisoning him between them.

"Now Brucey...you and I need to have a little chat..."