To Reverse Time

The crisp night air of London chilled me to the bone. And the gasoline lanterns, just served as a  constant reminder that this was not my home.There were cobblestones instead of paved roads,  gasoline lanterns in place of electricity. Even the atmosphere was different, darker.

It scared me.

Thankfully there were few people out walking the street, but they seemed more than alittle shady. I knew my history, and the history books always talked about the social  behavior being incredibly modest.

And walking around on the dark sides of the street doesn't seem modest to me.

I felt self-conscious in my denim jeans and Happy Bunny hoodie, but I didn't know to do about it, it's not like I had any money. I turned out my pockets, lip gloss and a rubber bracelet that said "Earth Day 2012". Yep, my options were pretty bleak.

As dawn approached, my dread was amplified.

Everyone would be waking up soon, and I didn't know what their reaction would be to a strangely dress girl that has no money or home.

The lamps were extinguished and the horse carriages fill the once-empty street. People were  everywhere, the loud chatter made it hard to distinguish one conversation from another.

I hid in an alleyway near a bakery, the fresh smell of bread wafted through my nose, making  my mouth water. My stomach gurgled and growled, I hadn't realized I was hunger.

I walked further down the alley hoping to avoid the bustling crowd and maybe find a vacant street.

But had no such luck, but I did find an  old navy blue apron quite large at that. I ripped  the top part off leaving the bottom half that I tied  around my waist, It sorta looked like a skirt,  which was what I was going for. I took my hoodie  off and tucked my brown puffy sleeved blouse into  the make-shift skirt.

I walked hesitantly toward the window of the  bakery and was quite please with my ingenuity. I swung the my little navy bag -I had tied the bits of apron I had left to make a  pouch purse-and tried to walk around casually thought the crowds. I could feel eyes on my but I didn't break my stride.

My objective was to get away from the crowded town, after that, I didn't know.