Harry

I have a strange dream
HARRY: I awoke with a start. 

I had been having the same repeating nightmare all summer. I would stand in the graveyard and scream as Cedric's body fell before me. But this night was different.

Perhaps it was my paranoia getting the best of me. Ron hadn't written to me all summer, neither had Hermione. It was only natural that my subconscious would've created the worst scenario.

Still, it felt so real. I couldn't remember much of the dream, but Ginny's body hitting the ground was so clear to me. I could feel the chaos surrounding me. It was more than just a simple flashback to the night Cedric died. It was different, and Ginny fell in Cedric's place. Why was that?

Something felt wrong.

"Up, Hedwig." I whispered, as not to wake the Dursleys.

Hedwig opened her eyes and stretched her wings. I felt guilty for keeping her in a locked cage all summer. I figured she be pleased for a delivery to the Weasleys.

I scribbled down a quick letter.

"Ron,
I haven't received a word from anybody at Hogwarts all summer. It makes me wonder how you're all doing. What's going on, why is everybody so quiet? Please, write back for once.  - Harry"

I figured this approach would be better than me simply sending him a note asking if his sister was alive. I just wanted to check up on him and his family, hopefully I'd get some word back this time.

"Here, girl. And don't leave until Ron writes a response. I give you permission to peck him if you have to."

Hedwig nipped my finger affectionately. The second I unlatched her cage she took off out the window.

I lay my head on my pillow, staring at the ceiling tracing the cracks with my eyes. I didn't think I would be getting much more sleep tonight. My scar was hurting, my thoughts were running a marathon, and my worries only seemed to be increasing.

But somehow I must've managed to drift off, as I woke up to the sound of talons tapping a window. Hedwig had returned. She sat on the windowsill, tapping it to get my attention. She held a letter in her beak.

"Thank you." I urged her back into her cage. That, she wasn't so pleased about. Perhaps I'd let her out for a fly this afternoon. She didn't deserve to be cooped up here just because I was.

"Harry,
I understand that you're frustrated, mate. You have every reason to be. Things are a bit complicated with the order and all, but you'll find out about that soon enough. We're going to get you, Harry. You're going to spend the end of summer with us and we're going to fill you in on everything we can. There are just some things we can't tell you yet under Dumbeldore's orders, things I don't even understand yet. It'll all make sense soon. - Ron"

"The order?" I though aloud. "What order, what does he even mean by that?"

Hedwig squawked at me, as if to say dude, I'm a bird. Do you think I know?

I read and reread the last sentence of Ron's letter, it'll all make sense soon.

What would make sense, the reason behind my scar hurting? The strange feeling I had after that dream...the feeling that something in the world was wrong?

This something felt different, it didn't feel like Voldemort. It felt like something was missing, it was like an intense, alarming sense of déjà vu.

I thought back to all I had went through last school year. The tournament, Cedric's death, and Voldemort's return. I guess I should have expected to feel strange. I was paranoid, it was nothing more. I was only paranoid. As I fell asleep the final time that night, that is the thought that reassured me.

Things were bad in this world, but they weren't any worse than Voldemort.

THE END

But it's not all over yet! Want more?

GO CHECK OUT THE SEQUEL TO THIS STORY! Percy Jackson and the Lost Wizards. 

It's up on my account and in progress!