Harry

Didn't have time to proofread, please point out any errors as you see them and I'll edit them right away! Thanks. ❤️

I get beat to a pulp
HARRY: Ron and I were put into a strange situation. On one hand, we didn't trust the new exchange students. On the other hand, Dumbledore requested that we be their mentors and show them around. Magnus, Alex, Grover, Thalia, and Reyna were allowed to stay here for two weeks to observe what life was like at Hogwarts. I figured with times being how they are that Dumbledore would have done some sort of background check to make sure they weren't death eaters or something. Instead, he allowed them to stay without question.

A week after visiting the hospital, we were on our way back to school. Rather than taking the car, Mrs. Weasley sent us to King's Cross to catch a train to Hogsmede station. From there, she trusted us to walk to Hogwarts.

Fred and George had made a miraculous recovery. They'd woken up completely okay, no sign of poison whatsoever. It was insane, I'll admit. However, we had bigger worries. A miraculous medical recovery didn't seem to be a thing I should be worrying about.

The train had arrived at the station. Mrs. Weasley hugged Ginny, Ron, and I a second more than usual as we headed off to the train, the strangers following us close behind. I think Molly was scared of letting us go back to school. Fred and George had been poisoned there, I'd broken my wrist, Ginny had been possessed, I'd been attacked by a dementor, Hermione had been petrified, both of them had been through the trials of the sorcerer's stone with me, Ron had nearly been obliviated by Lockhart, Ron had broken his leg, and Cedric had died.

I don't know how much more of Hogwarts she could take. Heck, I didn't know how much more I could take. I couldn't imagine how much Mrs. Weasley's heart jumped whenever she received a letter from Hogwarts. What was once known as the safest place in the wizarding world was becoming the most dangerous. I couldn't help but feel guilty about that. Things at Hogwarts had gone bonkers since my first year.

Ginny, Ron, and I chose the compartment that Ron and I had sat in since our first year. Ginny made a point of sliding the door closed before the strangers could think of sitting with us.

"Is it just me, or are those guys annoying?" Ginny complained. "It seems that all Reyna and Thalia know how to do it glare. Alex is entertaining but too hyperactive to deal with. Every conversation I've attempted to start with Magnus has been awkward! Weirdest of all, I swear on my live I saw Grover trying to eat a can earlier." Ginny shuddered. "Such an odd bunch."

"Yeah," Ron agreed. "I find it odd that they asked to borrow my copy of Hogwarts: A History. You'd think they'd done their research on the school before going to London! I also find it strange that they mentioned to my mum that they've a cousin who goes here. First of all, how likely is it that they're all relatives? Secondly, they haven't said who that cousin is. I'm sure I would have heard if somebody at school had strange American cousins." Ron ranted.

"Especially with all of the murders and rumors happening now, you think Dumbledore would have done a bit of a background check."

"Ginny," I said. "You took the words right out of my mouth."

Ginny laughed

Ginny and I continued to rant on about how strange the strangers were. In the mean time, Ron seemed a bit distracted with something. He continued to look out the window like a lost puppy while the train ride continued. Ron had never been one who over-contemplate. So whatever it was, it had to be really bothering him.

"Oi! Ron," I slapped him with a book from my bag. "What's up?"

He sighed.

"I'm thinking about the ball, actually," he said. "I'm thinking of asking somebody."