Piper

Draco Malfoy makes a scene, what else is new?
PIPER: Nico Di Angelo's explanation to me of this 'situation' lasted about an hour. It lasted so long because 1. I continued to interrupt, 2. I liked to interrupt, 3. I was starting to get the hang of my power, and 4. Because of number 3, I decided to test out that power on Nico multiple times during his explanation. 5. Last, but definitely not least, making Nico do the chicken dance was pretty entertaining.

The next day I went to classes as usual. Something was different, however. I grew paranoid of the people around me. I wondered, what if they are going through the same thing as me, too scared to say so?

Apart from my interrupting, Nico's explanation to me was brief. He explained that him and Harry had both been having strange visions. He explained that he woke up one day with the ability to teleport through people's shadows, similar to how I woke up with the ability to control people's actions using my words. He had told me about the prophecy Harry had dreamt of, and how they were working hard to decode it. Worst of all, he told me that there were other students roaming these halls possibly unaware that they are in the same situation.

"So, what do we now?" I asked. Nico had asked me to meet him in his dorm after classes. Harry was still gone today, visiting Ron's brothers in St. Mungo's. He would be back tomorrow.

Nico rummaged through the items underneath his bed then sat up, placing the items in front of me.

"Cap or cloak?" He asked.

"Uh..." on the bed in front of me were two items. The first being a blue and white cap with letters in the center. The second item was an old, worn cloak.

"Cap?" I said. "What does updating your style have to do with anything?"

"Not for me, for you." He tossed me the cap and held up the cloak against himself. As he did so, his stomach turned invisible.

"Woah." I gasped.

"Pretty cool, right? Put on the cap."

I listened to his command. The second I did so, I could no longer see my hands. I was invisible.

"To answer your question about what we're going to do today, we're going to follow around some suspects. So far, Harry and I have concluded that there are a possible nine people who are in this situation. The list of confirmed people include me, you, and Will Solace, since I've seen him use his ability while following him around wearing that cap on your head." He paused, thinking for a moment, then continued on. "Our other confirmed suspects include Annabeth Chase and Hazel Levesque. They are following around Will in a trio, working together to solve the mystery of why they're having visions, and why they woke up with powers. Today we are going to follow them; we can see if they've made any further progress than we have."

"Okay. And exactly how are we going to follow them? How are we going to find them?" I asked.

Nico opened a drawer within his bedside table. Suddenly, he looked up at me in alarm. It was like he had just seen a ghost. Then again, that was pretty common at Hogwarts. Let me rephrase: the look of horror on Nico's face was like he had seen a monster, monsters being a less common encounter at Hogwarts.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"The map, Harry's map. It was in here! I had borrowed it from him, hoping it could help us out. He knows I had it and Harry would have told me if he had taken it back. Somebody's stolen it." Nico panicked. He then started tossing numerous items out from under his bed, searching for the map. He even went as far as looking in Leo Valdez's trunk, something I would have been mortified to do.