Hazel

One second I'm coloring a pretty picture, the next I'm witnessing multiple seizures

HAZEL: Headmaster Dumbledore, however wise he may be, had hired ridiculous professors over the years. Severus Snape was a decent teacher and an awful person. That was the same for Quirrell, at least, what I'd heard of him. I never had him. I'd heard Lockhart was as bad of a professor as he was a person; he was a joke. He'd also hired an imposter of Moody, then chose to rehire the real Moody. Both imposter and the real Moody were and are quite intense.

However awful those teachers may be or may have been, none of which compare to professor Trelawney's idiocy in my opinion.

Yes, I know, what is quite a rude thing for me to say. I am perfectly aware that Divination is a tricky subject to teach. I wouldn't be much better than her. Still, the fact that she chooses to pick out students to embarrass for the entire year forces me to despise her. Even if the student she chose in my class to be some 'chosen seer' hadn't been me, I'd still despise her for it!

It was selfish of me, but I wished it had been somebody else.

The strange dreams I'd been having this week had to be her fault, I had determined. She put the idea in my head that I was some chosen seer. Since the idea was in my head, my thoughts were subconsciously creating these strange dreams.

But I'd been had my first dream on the train, on the way to school. This had been an entire day before I'd had my first class with Trelawney...

I tried to push that thought aside, as I had been doing all week.

Word had gotten around in my house that I was Trelawney's new target. Everybody teased me endlessly about it, and I'll admit that it bothered me. Thank goodness for Ginny Weasley. She had sat beside me in Divination every day since our first class together. She shot a glare at anyone who dared to say anything about the situation, and they immediately shut up. Her glare was enough to make even the most powerful wizards shudder.

Hannah, Susan, Justin, and Zacharias were getting on fine without me I had discovered after only one day of avoiding them. After an entire week of doing this, they hadn't tried to talk to me once. Ernie was the only one of my old friends who even attempted to talk to me, but that was only because he saw me as a potential date. Oddly enough, I didn't feel terribly bothered. Maybe we had always been drifting apart. Maybe, just maybe, I had never belonged with their group.

Without Annabeth, since I had gotten angry with her in the halls, I thought I would be alone. She was a person that I did miss. I was bothered by avoiding her. I had gotten angry with her because I was stressed out about the seer thing, the niffler, and the strange dreams I had been having. Time to myself wasn't as healthy as I thought it would be. With no one, I felt more stressed than ever.

However, I was surprised that without Annabeth and the others, I wasn't completely alone...

Though Ginny and I were not alike in many ways, she was still pretty cool. She was smart as well. Usually, Annabeth had assisted me with the subjects I struggled with. Ginny invited me to join her in her house's common room after class nearly every day this week, and thanks to her I now understood my potions and transfiguration homework. Ginny wasn't even the slightest bit bothered by Robin and his constant appearances. He especially liked Ginny. Though it was a bit of a silly theory, I was almost convinced he had a bit of a crush on her. Whenever I was with her he sat still on my shoulder and behaved.

After detention, I went straight to the Gryffindor common room to see Ginny. I only hoped Percy Jackson wasn't in there. I'd felt awful about how Robin attacked him in the halls. I was grateful he hadn't mentioned it in front of Frank. On the other hand, I didn't want to see Percy because I felt more guilty than embarrassed. I had ordered Robin to find that stupid pen. It was strange that the very item I had dreamt of was in Percy's possession, but I highly doubted he was some threat. Percy Jackson, much like Frank Zhang, was a teddy bear. Sure, Percy put on some 'cool boy' act, but I could just tell he had a decent heart. I found him annoying, but all boys were annoying; Percy wasn't special.