Leo

I end my final point of view with an inspirational quote
LEO:

Yeah, I like to joke. I know what you're thinking. Really, Leo? Wow, I never would have guessed. That comment truly surprised me. I'm shocked! To which I'd reply, cut the sarcasm, honey. That's my language, not yours.

But in all seriousness, right now I was terrified. I thought back to what my boggart had been, my mother burning before me. That raised another question. If our memories were altered, how did our fears and desires stay the same? Perhaps the mirror of erised and the boggarts were simply too powerful for Hera and they could easily see past the 'mist,' or whatever it was Hera had called it.

I'd ask Hera that question, but I'd seen the way she replied to the others' questions. This lady was kind of full of shit. She didn't really know the answers, she just gave her best guesses. I wasn't going to waste my breath asking her a question both of us hardly understood and I wasn't about to lose sleep over it.

I was, however, about to lose sleep over the fact that I wanted to do nothing more than run out of that room, into the forbidden forest, and hide away forever. I could change my name, change my looks, and fit in with the centaurs in the woods for the rest of my short existence. As I was going through this plan of escape, Hera's light appeared around me and I felt my memories returning.

So much for that plan.

In summary, my life was a mess no matter where a god put me. At Hogwarts, I was a class clown with average grades and a messy life. As for my real life, I was a camp clown with stellar knowledge and an even messier life. Hey, at least I had smarts.

"Woah, woah, woah, lady. Back up a sec," I realized something. "You made me nothing more than a goofy kid with fire powers!" I exclaimed.

"Uh, yeah? That's kind of what you are." Hazel spoke up. How was she so good at adjusting back to her American accent so quickly? I was still half-tempted to ask somebody out to tea and use the word 'bloody' for no reason.

Yeah, I'm stereotyping. Sue me. I have bigger problems.

"What about my tools?" I pleaded. "I'm more than an annoying kid who can make a few flames appear. I'm crafty, clever, and I'm pretty awesome when it comes to building things. You incorporated none of that into my Hogwarts life." I complained.

"Leo, at least she didn't make you a werewolf." Jason pointed out.

I guess he had a point there.

"A valid point!" I announced. "But still, not fair. Also, why make Hazel a Hufflepuff? She's obviously a Gryffindor."

Hazel shrugged.

"With that logic, you could easily be a Ravenclaw. You're clever." Hazel said.

Annabeth sighed.

"Great, Valdez is annoying no matter what you do to him. And Hazel, under no circumstance would I be okay with having him in my house. Do you know how many points he'd dock us? No offense, Valdez."

"None taken, Annabeth." I smirked.

I joined Jason who was chatting with Thalia and Reyna in the corner.

"Hey, buddy." I clapped him on the back.

Jason glared at me.

"Leo Valdez," he grit his teeth. "You called my sister hot multiple times. Not only am I going to kill you, not only is Thalia going to kill you, but Calypso is going to put you on a pitchfork." He joked.

"Hey, in my defense, my memories were altered. I wasn't myself! But Thalia, you are a lovely looking girl." I said, in hopes that she wouldn't kill me.

"You and Apollo ought to compete in a competition for who can best fit the douchebag stereotype. I think you'd be neck and neck."

"Gee, Thals. I missed you too."

I took a seat beside Jason. We watched as Piper stepped forward.

"Go on ahead, restore my memories. But like Frank said, please hold on the embarrassing moments." Piper said.

My heart jumped as I realized something.

Piper and I were still best friends. I guess no matter what you do to our memories, you can't separate Piper McClean and I. We were a force to be reckoned with.

As Piper opened her eyes, her face fell as she looked at me.

"Great," she said sarcastically. "I'm still stuck with this idiot."

"Love ya too, Pipes." She pulled me into a hug. She beckoned Jason to join as well. The three of us held each other for a long time.

"Leo, we thought you were dead. You magically return to camp with your new sorceress girlfriend and suddenly you're taken away again. Somebody doesn't want you to have a happy ending." Piper said as we released.

"Hey, endings are overrated. What matters in what happens in between. We had fun here, didn't we?" I said.

"Yeah, but we're going to be forgetting all about that in just a little bit." Jason pointed out, always a pessimist.

"That doesn't matter, the ending doesn't matter!" I repeated. "We had fun here, didn't we?" I repeated.

They both nodded.

"Exactly." I clapped them both of the shoulders.

Being with those two was so familiar to me. Familiarity was a feeling I had been chasing after for weeks now. I guess the messiness of all of this didn't matter.

I was in the middle of a hurricane. Jason and Piper were my eye. In other words, those two made me feel calm in the center of a storm.

In the end, that's all that matters, isn't it?