author's pov

As Peter Pettigrew's body fell to the ground, it really was as if time had stopped. But it wasn't because of his loss, it was because of the figure that was approaching.

He took all life out of the air with each step. Crows in the graveyard trees flew away at the sound of his approach. The death eaters that had been battling the remaining warriors lowered their wands to catch a glimpse of him. Those who remained, Hazel, Percy, Annabeth, Thalia, Alex, Reyna, Grover, Will, the twins, and Harry, all froze as he approached. The air seemed to grow thinner as each second droned on.

Those who remained were in hardly any shape to fight.

Hazel had lost her voice, having cried herself hoarse over Ginny's dead body. Hazel was trembling, more with anger than sadness for her friend's death. But having not used her power tonight, she felt strong.

Percy was determined. He had hardly used an ounce of his power, there being not much water in a graveyard. He had only suffered minor cuts and scratches from dodging the death eater's spells.

Annabeth was broken. First she had lost Magnus, and now Ginny. She'd hardly gotten to known the girl, but seeing Hazel break like that broke a part of her as well.

Will was in the worst state of all. He had collapsed once tonight and felt as though he were about to do so again...but he didn't, not yet at least.

Alex wanted nothing more than to go home. This wasn't even meant to be Alex and Magnus' battle, but having concern for his cousin's whereabouts, Magnus insisted on joining, which meant Alex would tag along as well. Now, Alex thought, the idiot had gotten himself killed...and that killed a part of Alex as well.

Thalia felt sick to her stomach, having caught a glimpse of the dark figure's face. She had seen a lot of death in her lifetime, and he symbolized it. His snake-like eyes brought back every bad battle memory that Thalia had endured.

Reyna had broken an ankle in battle, as well as a wrist and a few fingers. Still, she stood her ground without showing any sign of pain. She was ready to end this all.

Grover was kind of relieved that the big guy had shown himself now, causing the surrounding death eaters to freeze and await their master's command. Grover had been playing and playing all night. His lips were dead, as well as his love for the bamboo pipes.

The twins didn't know what to feel. Their brother was unconscious. Their sister was dead. All Fred and George could think about was when Ron woke up, what they would have to say to him. It broke their hearts, it filled them with rage. They glared at Voldemort as he walked by, pondering just how they could sneak him something a bit worse than a puking pasty.

Harry Potter was ready to face his enemy. Seeing Voldemort, he wasn't nervous, he wasn't even a little scared for himself. He thought about the people fighting alongside him, how they had their own lives, how this wasn't even meant to be their enemy. Harry's list of who he was fighting for had expanded. Harry was fighting for James and Lily Potter, for Magnus Chase, and now for Ginny Weasley. He was ready to end it, once and for all.

"Well, well, well. How marvelous it is to finally meet the people I have heard so much about...you know, when she isn't gagged, Hecate has a lot to say about you seven...though, your seven has been cut short, hasn't it?" Voldemort chuckled. "Excluding the two boys who weren't supposed to be here in the first place...Di Angelo, Solace. How does it feel to be brought here by a mistake? How does it feel to be a mistake?"

"Gee, I don't know," Will spoke. "How does it feel?"

It was a stupid move on Will's part, though they were all thinking the exact same thing.