Liar, Liar - Part 2

A/N:  I got so much great feedback from part one and lots of requests for a part two, so, without further a-do... ta daaa!!

Inspired by "Starring Role" by Marina and the Diamonds.

  Feel free to leave comments, and tell me what you think of maybe a PART 3?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're hard to hug, tough to talk to

  Dean had become a stranger to you. He was rough and his replies were short. The light from his eyes have gone out, and the beautiful green irises were darkened.

And I never fall asleep,

  You lie in bed with eyes wide open, staring at the ceiling. Your brain wouldn't shut off and you only thought of him. Only him.

When you're in my bed
All you give me is a heartbeat

  He always slept in the same bed with you, one arm thrown lazily across your middle. His light snores and the beating of his cold heart the only sounds. You never talked. You felt as if you might as well be a body pillow.

I've turned into a statue
And it makes me feel depressed

  You didn't wear makeup anymore, never dressed up unless he asked you to. You ate less and less, completely letting yourself go. Every morning when you got dressed you only thought of what would make him want you, but nothing ever changed.

Cause the only time you open up is when we get undressed

  The only affection you received was in bed. There was no whispered 'I love you's, no snuggling. You were a play-thing of his, nothimg more.

You don't love me, big fucking deal
I'll never tell, you how I feel

  You came to terms that Dean would never have real feelings for you. He became more and more distant by the minute, slowly drifting away. His alcohol intake increased dramatically and he seemed empty.

You don't love me, not a big deal
I'll never tell you how I feel

  Even with the knowledge he had a lack of compassion towards you, you failed in reciprocating his treatment. You loved Dean. You loved him more than anything in this world, but you would never tell him. Not in a million years.

Sometimes I ignore you so I feel in control

  On some occasions when the two of you were in public together, you attempted to free yourself from him. You would flirt with strangers at bars or smile at other men to make him jelous.

Cause really, I adore you,
and I can't leave you alone

  But, even when you tried to ignore him, you always came crawling back. You didn't even fight anymore… he would just look at you and you immediately fell back into his ridgid arms.

Fed up with the fantasies, they cover what is wrong
Come on, baby, let's just, get drunk, forget we don't get on

  You noticed how Dean was no longer himself. He was depressed and damaged, but he obviously did not want to talk with you, or anyone, about his feelings. Whenever he wanted attention he would bring a bottle of Jack to bed with two glasses. You never objected, for the whiskey might help cover up the pain… not that it ever worked, of course.

You're like my dad, You'd get on well
I send my best, regards from hell

  Your parents loved Dean. They thought he was the perfect man for you. You sat quietly on the sidelines as he won them over with his charming smile and deep voice. You couldn't care less what they thought anymore. You just put on a poker face and they never noticed anything was wrong.

I never sent for love, I never had a heart to mend
Because before the start began, I always saw the end

  Before you met the eldest Winchester, you weren't big in relationships; but now that he had your heart, you were putty in his calloused hands.

Yeah, I wait for you to open up, to give yourself to me

  You keep the hope that one day things will go back to how they used to be, before Dean turned cold. Back when the two of you were happy and madly in love. Back when you still had some dignity and willpower.

But nothing's ever gonna give, I'll never set you free
Yeah I'll never set you free

  The only thing that mattered anymore was to keep him with you, however little that meant. You knew that if he left you, you would crumble. The idea of his love was the only thing you cared about, even if it was just a delusion.

It almost feels like a joke to play out the part
When you are not the starring role in someone else's heart

  Maybe it wasn't worth it anymore. Dean didn't care, so why should you? You were tired of waiting for him to love you. You were tired of all of this shit. You wanted your life back. You decide it isn't worth hurting over for the rest of your life…

You know I'd rather work alone, than play a supporting role
If I can't get the starring role.

  And now it's time for you to leave.

The starring role