Garth Plays Matchmaker

You walked into the deserted warehouse with your gun raised. Turning the corner, you found a group of beheaded vampires littered across the floor. “You’ve gotta be kiddin’ me,” you muttered bitterly. Suddenly, you heard voices coming from the next room. You raised you gun again as you entered. Two men were standing there with their backs turned to you.

  “I’m just sayin’, Sammy, it feels like we’ve been followed these last few weeks,” the shorter one said.

  “You’re paranoid Dean,” the taller one replied.

  “Ahem.” They both spun around, clearly shocked that you had been standing there without them noticing.

  “I might be paranoid, but I was right,” the shorter one muttered to the other.

  “Uhh… hi,” the shorter one said. “Who are you?”

  “I  was about to ask you the same question,” you responded.

  The two men look you up and down, before looking at each other. “Well, I’m Dean; and this is my little brother, Sam.”

  “Little?” you say. Sam chucked as Dean’s smirk faded. “Y’all hunters too?” you asked.

  “You catch on fast,” Dean said sarcastically, his smirk returning.

  “Now it’s your turn,” Sam says.

  “Oh, yeah, I’m Y/N,” you say. “Nice to meet you, Y/N,” Sam replies smiling and  shakes your hand. Dean just winks at you.

  “Y’all stole my hunt,” you stated, not returning the flirty glances Dean was giving you.

  “Sorry about that,” Sam offered, “You hunt alone?” he questions.

  “Yeah, but recently it hasn’t been much huntin’. It seems that every time I get there, my job’s already been done… You guys wouldn’t happen to know anything about that, would ya’?”

  “You didn’t go on a salt ‘n’ burn hunt in New York last week did you?” Sam asked.

  “Yeah, but the body was already up in flames.”

  “Yep. That was us,” Dean said.

  “Banshee in Maryland two weeks ago?” you guessed. Sam nodded.

  “Witches in Salem?”

  “Yep,” Sam adds.

  “Who killed the Sirens in Kentucky a month ago?”

  “Yo,” Dean said.

  “You’ve gotta be kiddin’ me. How did we both go to the same places on the same day?” you said in disbelief.

  “Well, we were told of those hunts from a buddy of ours,” Sam said.

  “So did I…” you add.

   “Don’t tell me- is it-”

  “Garth Fitzgerald IV,” you and Dean said his name simultaneously. “You know Garth?” he asked. You nodded.

  You all made your way to the parking lot and you spotted Dean’s car. “Is that a 1967 Chevrolet Impala 427?” you asked excitedly.

  “You know cars?” Dean raised his eyebrows. “Yeah. Wow, you’ve kept it in really good shape.” Dean smiled proudly. You walked to the other side of the lot to your car. Dean’s jaw dropped.

  “You drive a 1979 Corvette?”

  “Actually, she’s a ‘78 Stingray,” you smirked at his reaction.

  “Damn.” He walked around the car admiring it.

  Sam walked towards the to of you and put away the phone he was just speaking into. “Nice car, Y/N. Dean, close your mouth, you’re drooling. That was Garth. He said he found another hunt in Oklahoma. Possible demon activity. He—” Sam was cut off by the sound of your phone playing ‘Werewolves of London’.

  “Speak of the devil,” you say, answering Garth’s call.

  “’Werewolves of London’. She’s got a sense of humor,” Dean chuckled.

  “Hey Garth.”

  “Hey Y/N! Listen, I found you a case in Okl—”

  “Oklahoma. Yeah, I know. Guess who I bumped into?”

  “Uh-oh… Well, um, maybe you could go with the Winchesters. I mean, it’s dangerous hunting alone. You’ll love ‘em!”

   “Yeah, I’ll give it a shot. But next time you pull something like this, I’m not gonna be too happy, ‘kay?”

  “Yes ma’am,” Garth replied. “Have fun!” He hung up.

  “Mind if I tag along?”

  “Fine by me,” Sam said, walking back to the Impala.

  “Sounds great,” Dean said, moving close to you. “But you gotta promise me one thing.”

  “Oh, and what’s that?” you asked.

  “After we kill those demons, you gotta have diner with me,” he smirked.

  “Deal.” 'Thank you Garth,' you thought.