Thank You Sam

*Yesterday*

   It had seemed like a normal demon hunt. It wasn't until you walked into the demon's hideout that you changed your mind. You turned to see the face that had haunted your nightmares for years, twisted into an evil smirk.

   You immediately went into action, splashing holy water in the demon's face and grabbing Ruby's knife as it howled in pain. You grabbed him harshly and stabbed him over and over again, until the body went limp and his black eyes faded. You let go of him and turned around to see the Winchester brothers behind you, looks of shock across their faces.

  You huffed out an exhausted breath and walked passed them and out of the room. You made your way back to the Impala and sat down in the back seat. The boys exchanged glances before hopping in front and driving back to the Bunker in silence.

  When you reach the Bunker you immediately go up to your room and lock the door, wanting to be alone. You had done it. You had finally killed the one who had murdered your parents.  'Then why don't I feel better?'  you thought miserably, before drifting off to sleep, still wearing the bloody clothes from the hunt.

*Present day*

  You wake up the with someone gently knocking on your door. "Y/N?" you can hear Sam say. You reluctantly get up and walk to the door.

  "Hey, Sam. What's up?" you ask.

  "We have another case. Vamp couple in Kansas City, Missouri.... Are you okay? You're still wearing your clothes from last night. You're all bloody," he adds, looking at you with concerned eyes.

  You let out a shaky breath. "I can't go on the hunt today, Sam. I'll just slow you two down. Go on without me. I just need a break," you say as a tear rolls down your cheek.

  Sam sighs. "Okay... You deserve a break. How about you take a shower and get dressed and I'll make some breakfast," he says, smiling slightly, before walking towards Dean's room.

  You take a quick shower and get dressed in a tank top and sweat pants before heading downstairs to the kitchen. You can hear the Impala engine rev up and assume the boys have left. To your suprise, Sam is in the kitchen flipping pancakes. "I thought you were working a case," you question.

  "Dean can handle it himself. I thought I'd spend the day with you," he smiles, putting some pancakes onto the plate. He puts something on it and hands it to you, showing you the smiley face he had made out of blueberries. You giggle.

  "Thank you."

  After breakfast, you both walk into the living area where you've set up a small entertainment system. Sam picks up a movie and pops it in. He sits down next to you and you snuggle into his side as the movie starts.

  "'27 Dresses'?" you ask.

  "It's a comedy," he shrugs.

  "It's a chick flick," you retort, laughing.

  About fifteen minutes into the movie Sam turns to face you. "You wanna talk about it?" he asks quietly.

  "About what?"

  "About yesterday at the hunt. Or maybe why you didn't want to hunt today..."

  "It's complicated," you reply.

  "I think I can keep up," he says.

  "When I was eighteen, a demon came to my house and murdered my parents in front of me. That's why I started hunting. That demon yesterday..." you trail off.

  "I'm so sorry, Y/N," Sam says sympathetically, wrapping to large arms around you, enveloping you in a hug.

  "I thought killing him would make me feel better. But..."

  "I know..." he says soothingly.

  After a few minutes of sitting with him he tilts your head up to look you in the eyes. "I'm always here for you. Whatever you need. You know that right?" he says.

  You nod. "Thank you Sam."