Movie Night

You and Sam have been dating for three months now, and you haven’t been able to hang out at all. It was always: research this, find that, stab this, shoot that. Hunters don’t take breaks. How were you supposed to enjoy your relationship?

  You and the Winchesters had just finished a Windingo hunt, and you were cranky. You walked into your and Sam’s motel room and dropped your bag and then threw yourself onto the bed.

  “You okay, Y/N?” Sam asked skeptically.

  “Yeah, I’m just great!” Your voice thick with sarcasm. “Why wouldn’t I be fine, Sam? Is there something wrong? Are you okay?”

  “What’s wrong?” he ignored your bitterness.

  You looked up into your boyfriend’s loving, caring eyes and sighed. Sam had always put up with your habit of overreacting. ‘My patient Moose,’ you thought to yourself.

  “I’m just tired, I guess,” you replied. You both knew that you didn’t like girly, ‘chick flick stuff.’ That’s probably why everyone was so surprised when you started dating Sam instead of Dean. You liked cars, guns, greasy food and Bon Jovi. You weren’t exactly a ‘bookworm’ and you’ve always hated school. But even after all of that, Sammy had won your heart. Maybe you and Dean were just too alike.

  “Go ahead and sleep it off, babe,” Sam said, snapping you back to reality. “We got some time before we have to hit the road.”

  “Not tired, like sleepy, Sam!” I’m tired of this!” you yelled and flopped back onto the bed again. “This life… We’ll never be a real couple like this. I just can’t stand it anymore!” You pursed your lips into a thin line and stared at the ceiling. You refused to cry.

  Sam sighed heavily and sat down on the bed next to you. He pulled your chin lightly to face him. He wore a serious look on his face as he looked into your eyes. Suddenly, without warning, he grabbed you and started tickling you. A large smirk was now plastered to his face. His eyes gleamed as he chucked at your futile attempts to push him away.

  “Sam! Sam! Stop it! No! Sam!” You couldn’t decide weather to laugh or sceam. “Pleeeaase!” You were begging for mercy. “Sammy, stop!”

  Sam laughed like a kid and pulled you into his lap. A big smile was on your face as he kissed your head. “How ‘bout a movie night?” he suggested into your hair.

  “Mmhmm… sounds good.” you hummed in reply, content in his strong arms. He reached into his computer bag and pulled out a DVD case. He handed it to you, grinning childishly.

  “‘The Vow?’” you laughed aloud.

  “What? I thought you liked this one.”

  “No, I do.”

  “Then what’s the deal?”

  “Nothing. We can watch it,” you paused.

“As long as you don’t cry… ‘Samantha,’” you smiled mockingly.

  “Shut up and watch the movie.” He hugged you tighter as the movie started.