Nightmares

《 Dean’s POV 》

   "Y/N?!" She’s screaming. The door is locked. "Y/N?! Open the door!" What’s happening? Is she hurt? No. No, please let Y/N be okay.

   I managed to kick the door open and run over to the bed. Y/N had her eyes shut tight and was yelling as loud as humanly possible.

“Y/N! Wake up! Y/N!” I shook her shoulders and she sat up abruptly, gasping for air. “Y/N, it’s okay… It was just a dream. You’re safe.” I pulled her to my chest and stroked her hair.

《 Reader’s POV 》

   I could hear the screaming, but I had no idea where it was coming from. Dean shook me awake and the noise came to a stop. It wasn’t until then that I realized that I was the one who was screaming. Dean’s arms were wrapped around me as I tried to catch my breath.

   "You’re safe, Y/N." I looked up at him. He had never been this nice to me about anything before. "What’s wrong? What did you have a nightmare about?" Dean asked worriedly.

  "I— I don’t remember," I confessed. "I keep having these… these bad dreams… but when I wake up, I can’t remember what happened…" What’s wrong with me? Dean looked at me with concern in his eyes. “What?” I questioned him.

  “What? I can’t be worried about you? I wanna make sure you’re okay.”

  “What’s gotten into you? All you ever do is pick on me, and now you’re concerned for my wellbeing because I had a nightmare? Why do you even care?” I snapped.

  “Y/N, I do care about you. I care about you in a way that…” he trailed off. Is Dean Winchester having a chick flick moment- about me? I thought incredulously. Not possible.

   "I-I have feelings for you, Y/N. I don’t want you to have nightmares, because I don’t want you to be scared. I want to protect you."

  "You… you like me?" I stuttered.

  "I love you, Y/N." He smiled at me a little and I believed him.

  "I love you too Dean." I didn’t know it until I had said it out loud, but it was true.

  He hugged me tighter and kissed my forehead. "Do you need anything? If not, then I’ll go so you can try and get some sleep," he said.

  "Could you stay here with me?" I pleaded. I didn’t want him to leave.

  "Yeah. Yeah, I’ll stay." Then I feel asleep next to the man I loved.

  I love you too, Dean.