Liar, Liar

Inspired by the song "Lies" by Marina and the Diamonds

A/N: I’m really not sure if this is any good, but I got the idea and felt the need to write it down… Please send feedback on what you think, ‘cause I’m debating on writing a part two… Sorry if it sucks.

~~~~~~~~

  You and Dean have been in an off-again on-again relationship for quite some time, but recently you had been feeling... underappreciated. Dean's mannerisms were ridgid and his voice was more gruff than it used to be. You missed the boy with the bright green eyes he used to be. You missed the electricity that used to run through the two of you. You missed the way his face lit up when you walked into the room. The man who lies in you bed everynight was no longer your Dean.

You're never gonna love me, so what's the use?
What's the point in playing a game you're gonna lose?

At this point, the two of you were more friends with benefits than lovers. He never spoke to you about his feelings, and you were starting to believe he had none for you.

What's the point in saying you love me like a friend?
What's the point in saying it's never gonna end?

  Anytime you voiced your worries with Dean, anytime you tried to talk to him about your 'situation', he would just shrug it off. He held you close at night, and kept his distance in the daytime.

You're too proud to say that you've made a mistake
You're a coward to the end

  The only time Dean actually had a conversation with you was when it didn't envolve your so-called 'relationship'. He wouldn't even look you in the eye anymore.

I don't wanna admit that we're not gonna fit
No, I'm not the type that you like
Why don't we just pretend?

  Your worst fear of all was losing him. You knew that neither of you were perfect, but you loved him all the same. You pretended nothing was wrong, put on a brave face, and you refused to acknowledge the fact that your love just couldn't be reciprocated. 

You only ever touch me in the dark
Only if we're drinking can you see my spark

  Dean never showed you affection in public anymore. The only time he smiled at you and flirted anymore was after he'd had a good amount of alcohol.

And only in the evening could you give yourself to me
Cause the night is your woman, and she'll set you free

  The fact that the two of you were in a relationship didn't seem to matter to him anymore. He flirted with anything that had a pulse and was always staring at other women. Multiple times he had gone home with a girl from the bar, only to beg your forgiveness the next morning. You knew that it would happen again, but you always forgave him. When he was with you at night, he made you feel special and loved... but in the morning he pretended nothing ever happened.

You're too proud to say that you've made a mistake
You're a coward to the end

  He always claims you're his. Whenever any male who showed the slightest interest in you appeared, Dean was always there to wrap his arm around your waist and flaunt his dominance. You knew it was wrong, but it was the only way he would show you affection.

I don't wanna admit that we're not gonna fit
No, I'm not the type that you like
Why don't we just pretend?

  You weren't Dean's typical girl. Normally a tall blonde bartender would catch his eye. Maybe a beautiful brunette in a skimpy outfit, or a redhead with an AC/DC shirt. You were just... average. You pretended everything was okay, but that's just what this was... pretend.

Lies, don't wanna know, don't wanna know
I can't let you go, can't let you go

  You lied about it to everyone. Sam, Cas, your parents, even yourself. You played Dean's little game without complaint, because you didn't want him to leave you.

I just want it to be perfect
To believe it's all been worth the fight

  You tried to be Dean's dream girl. You listened to his music, you cooked for him, you laughed at his jokes, but none of it seemed to matter.

Lies, don't wanna know, don't wanna know
I can't let you go, can't let you go

  You ignored his one night stands, his angry outbursts, his need to fix everything. You accepted the fact you were just a tool. As long as he held you close at night, nothing else mattered... right?

I just want it to be perfect
To believe it's all been worth the fight

  All you wanted was Dean. You fought your conscience and your pride. You just wanted him. Deep down you were hurting, but you refused to show him what he was doing to you. This was the price you payed for the illusion of love. Even if you were lying to yourself.

Lies, don't wanna know, don't wanna know

Because that was what it was... a lie.