Chapter 34

***WARNING***
There is blood, and some disturbing scenes. Read at your own risk!!!!!

Rascal stared at Skylark. He couldn't believe that he would do this at such a terrible time.

What are you doing, you idiot?!

The silver wolf stepped threateningly towards Rascal. His pelt was as sleek and shiny as ever. His muscles bulging and flexing as he took a step forward.

Has he even contributed to this battle whatsoever?

"I've been waiting for this moment." Skylark's brown eyes gleamed. "Now is as good as any."

Rascal fluffed out his fur. "For what?"

"To kill you."

Rascal gasped as Skylark raked his claws along his back. He shoved Rascal over, the black wolf tumbled backwards.

Skylark landed atop him. He began battering at Rascal as furiously as ever. His strong paws raining painful blows. His evil smile growing with every hit and scratch he inflicts on Rascal.

Rascal tried to shield them off. He felt a cut bleeding just above his eye. He shoved the silver wolf off with his hind legs.

Skylark landed on his paws. Rascal got to his feet and didn't care about the rain drenching his coat.

"You're weak!" Skylark spat. He bristled, scratching Rascal across the face.

Rascal grimaced. Blood began dripping down his cheek. He was exhausted. The smacks and slaps coming from Skylark weakened him until he was dizzy.

He slumped to the ground. The silver wolf was standing over him with a victorious grin on his face.

"Don't worry Rascal. This will only hurt a lot." He stabbed his claws into Rascal's back. He howled in agony. Pain blinding his sense of focus.

A blur of movement flung Skylark aside. Rascal could barely see what was going on. It took him a moment to realize that Ella was blocking Skylark's view of Rascal.

"What are you doing?" Skylark growled. His eyes flashed with surprise. He tried to run past her. Ella darted in his way, keeping him at bay.

Her posture was tense with fear, but the light of courage glowed in her eyes.

"Move aside, Ella." Skylark ordered. He shoved her away and made a run towards Rascal.

She quickly recovered and stood over Rascal, shielding his body with her own. Skylark skidded to a halt and snarled. He grabbed Ella by her scruff and threw her to the ground. He pounced on her and started shredding her pelt.

Ella!

Rascal knew she wasn't strong enough to take on Skylark. He staggered to his paws and leapt on his back.

Skylark barked madly. Rascal scratched and bit him. He was shaken off, and Skylark took off, whimpering the entire way.

Rascal was left panting. A spluttering cough made him race to his sister's side.

"No..." He whispered.

Ella's throat was spurting blood. She coughed, and even more spilled out. Rascal wasn't sure what to do. He placed his paw over the wound to stop the bleeding. Ella twitched and met Rascal's gaze warmly.

He howled for help. Misty was the first to get to his side.

"Find Fern or Blossom! Hurry!" The words were barely out of his mouth as Misty took off up the steep cliff.

She returned just as fast as she had gone. Blossom examined Ella and began patching the wound. Her paws worked professionally. A moment later, she was finished.

"Come with me. You're in no condition to fight." Blossom nudged Ella to her paws. She gently guided her up the hollow and disappeared over the top.

Worry crawled through Rascal's pelt like a spider. Misty touched her nose to his clumped fur.

"She'll be okay." She whispered before taking off.

A new energy ran through him. Adrenaline had his heart thumping. He howled and jumped back into the chaos. Teeth, claws, and hands all snagged his pelt. He went crazy and lashed out in all directions. He couldn't believe the monster he'd become. But at the moment, he couldn't care less.

Rascal went into a frenzy, and let his instincts take over. He kicked, bit, smacked, scratched, with all his might. He brutally killed dogs and humans, one after another.

He pulled away for a second to catch his breath. In an instant, dogs swarmed him. A massive wave of them tumbled over him. Rascal whipped all around and swiped at what he could. But there were just too many. He crumpled to the ground and felt all that weight smash him.

Fangs tore into him. Paws struck, legs kicked. One dog bit deeply into his neck and flung him.

He fell with a thump. Everything was numb, everything seemed to slow down.

A familiar brown pelt came crashing through. It expertly fought the dogs.

Jumper!

Jumper pushed one dog to the ground and revealed his deadly teeth. The light of battle shone in his dark brown eyes. Lightning crackled overhead. For a brief moment, it made Jumper look even more frightening. He kicked a dog away with his back legs and whipped his head back to let out a strong howl.

He was doing just fine......At first......

He had successfully killed off about two. But he was weakened, and was sucked beneath the dogs. Flashes of dark brown fur peeked through the swarming mass of fur. Rascal's eyes widened.

No!!

"No....." Rascal wanted to get back up and help. He raised his head and grimaced. But he couldn't move. He lay in a puddle of blood.

A strange feeling crept over him, and he closed his eyes, consumed in an abyss of peaceful darkness.

Thanks for reading!!!

Do you think Rascal is dead??

Sincerely,
15thSoccerGirl