Chapter 45

“Priya! This is gorgeous! Make Aman buy these!” Aditi exclaimed as she held up a pair of ruby earrings.  

“I think I’m more in the mood for diamonds.” Priya replied, walking over to the jewelry counter, where the diamonds were located.  

“Well diamonds are a girl’s best friend.” Aditi smiled as she followed Priya.  

“What do you think?” Priya said, eyeing the display case closest to the diamond rings.  

“Earrings?” Aditi suggested.  

“Oh my god! Look at this ring!” Priya exclaimed with fake enthusiasm.  She asked the man behind the counter to take out  a row of diamond rings.  

“Which one?” Aditi asked, looking at the display of diamond rings in awe.  

“Umm…this one?” Priya examined the rings.  She chose a simple ring with a ten karat white gold band, a medium sized diamond in the center, and two small diamonds on either side of the larger one.  

Aditi’s brow’s furrowed.  

“That diamond is hardly big enough.  It’s not even a thousand dollars.  Aman would probably laugh if you bought that.” Aditi said.  

“Which one do you like?” Priya asked Aditi, backing away from the display case so she could make more room for Aditi.  

“Let’s see.” Aditi stepped forward and looked critically at each ring.  

Aditi gasped as her eyes landed on the perfect ring.  

“That one!” Aditi exclaimed, her eyes gleaming with excitement.  

The man behind the counter took out a vintage style diamond ring.  Its band was eighteen karat white gold.  It was a criss-cross band with small diamonds encrusted throughout.  The main diamond was enormous and was framed by many smaller ones.  

“I wouldn’t mind wearing this for the rest of my life.” Aditi said.  

“$4,000!” Priya exclaimed.  

“Priya! Aman is a multi-millionaire.  A few thousand dollars isn’t going to make a difference.  I wonder if Hiten would ever buy something like this for me.” Aditi replied.  

Priya pulled out her phone and tried to pretend she was doing something of substance, as she tried to clandestinely take a picture of the ring and send it to Hiten.  She sent another message with the details of the ring also adding that Aditi had found her wedding ring.  

“You know, Aman and I didn’t have an engagement.  I want an engagement ring….a symbolic engagement ring.” Priya said.  

“Aww that’s so sweet.  Well an engagement ring is only temporary, so it should be a lot less intricate.  I like the ones with a little color, but that’s just me.” Aditi replied.  

“Let’s look at some with a little color then.” Priya laughed.  

They spent some time looking at various diamond rings.  Aditi kept convincing Priya that they should look at more modern designs, and Priya openly listened every one of Aditi’s suggestions.  

“This is perfect! I’d want this ring!” Aditi nearly shouted.  She picked up a fourteen karat white gold ring with a diamond flower cluster located in between two vibrant, blue sapphires.  

“It’s great, but I don’t think it’s my style.  It has you written all over it.” Priya commented.  She pulled out her phone again and took a picture while Aditi looked through some other rings.  She sent it to Hiten with a single word message: ‘Bingo.’