Chapter 30

“Never!” Priya blurted out almost instantly.

“Never? What was the point of buying it, if you’re never going to wear it for me?” Aman pouted.  

Priya stifled a laugh. Aman was being so childish.  She’d only bought it because Neha said that every married woman was basically required to own something sexy.  

“Neha told me to.” Priya admitted.

“Thank God for Neha.” Aman commented.  “Did she also suggest that you come meet me for lunch?” Aman caught on.  

“Yes actually.” Priya said guiltily.  

Aman was a little disappointed that the idea hadn’t been Priya’s, but he was glad she’d stopped by regardless.  The waiter came by and took their orders.  Their food was served almost immediately.  Priya had ordered a chicken wrap, while Aman ordered lemon chicken.  They both decided to pass on dessert.  The service was a little too quick to either of their tastes. Priya wanted to spend time with Aman just as badly as Aman wanted to spend time with her.  Their lunch date came to an end all too quickly.  Since the restaurant was so close to Aman’s office, they walked back.  Aman resisted the urge to hold Priya’s hand as they walked, certain that she wouldn’t appreciate such a public display of affection.  Once they reached Aman’s office, Priya headed towards the limo.  Aman grabbed her arm.  

“Come back up to my office, so I can kiss you without an audience.”  Aman said quietly in Priya’s ear.  

She looked up at him wide eyed, not expecting him to say something like that.  Priya blushed, but followed silently behind Aman towards the elevators.  Once they were inside the elevator, Aman pulled Priya close with the intention of kissing her, but Priya was reluctant.  She was afraid the doors would open on some random floor and someone would catch them in a compromising position.  Suddenly the doors opened four floors below where Aman’s office was.  Priya practically sprung away from Aman.  Hiten stood outside, grinning like a madman as soon as he laid eyes on Priya.  

“So, what’s going on here?” Hiten teased as he stepped into the elevator.  

“Nothing.” Aman answered casually.  

“Then why is Bhabhi blushing?” Hiten pointed out.  

Aman swatted Hiten’s arm.  They reached the top floor.  The only two things on the top floor were Hiten’s office and Aman’s office.  No one else was ever up there.  They had clandestinely converted one of the four conference rooms into a game room and another into an entertainment space.  Aman thought Hiten was on his way to one of these rooms when he turned left instead of right when he left the elevator.  He kept following them until Aman stopped in front of his office door.  

“Where the hell do you think you’re going?” Aman turned around to ask Hiten.

“To talk with Bhabhi in your office.” Hiten answered innocently.  

“Hiten, I need some alone time with my wife.” Aman tried to explain.  

“You’re thinking about gettin’ down and dirty in your office when there’s an important meeting in less than half an hour?”  Hiten accused with a grin. It was so out of character for Hiten to be concerned with business matters.  

Priya’s mouth dropped open in shock.  

“Shut up.” Aman said.  He turned to open the door and ushered Priya inside.  Hiten tried to enter but Aman blocked his way.

“Bye Bhabhi.” Hiten said defeatedly as he walked away.

Priya giggled. Aman walked inside his office and closed and locked the door.