Chapter 1- Aman

Hi all!! This is my first Wattpad story ever.  I don’t know how to make a legit cover, so bear with me.  I love the stories I’ve read on here showcasing the Desi culture, so I thought I should contribute too! Anyways, here goes. Hope you enjoy it!! Comment and tell me whether it’s good or not. 

            Aman Verma.  His name alone sent waves through the business world.  He was the one and only heir of Verma Industries. Together, he and his father owned countless factories and companies in America, the United Kingdom, and India.  Aman Verma was a tall, well-built, and very handsome man with a passion for women. He took as much pride in his appearance as he did in his work.  His collection of designer suits was the envy of the town.  Aman was the reigning king of New York City, where he liked to spend the majority of his time even though he had pent houses and mansions in L.A., Chicago, London, Mumbai, and more.

            Aman sat back and watched his best friend, Hiten, try to flirt with a pretty little blonde.  Aman and Hiten decided to hit one of New York’s premiere night clubs.  Aman felt the eyes of every woman in the club on him, but he didn’t care.  He was much too amused by Hiten’s futile attempts to woo any woman who showed even a bit of interest in him. 

            “Any luck?” Aman called out to Hiten, who was now heading his way. 

            Hiten plopped down on the bar stool next to Aman.  “Nope. None. The ladies have no idea what they’re missing.” Replied Hiten with a smirk. 

            A sultry woman in her early twenties began walking towards Aman and Hiten.  Her purple sequin dress hugged her curves perfectly.  She wobbled slightly in her six-inch heels as she closed the distance between herself and the bar. 

            “Hey there.” She eyed Aman sensually. 

            Aman smirked. “Hey there yourself.” 

            The woman ordered a tequila from the bar.  She tucked a strand of her light brown hair behind her ear and turned her attention to Aman.  “Veronica,” was all she said.

            “I’m Aman.” Aman replied.

            “And I’m Hiten.” Hiten interjected.  Veronica glanced in his direction before turning back to Aman. 

            “Uh…you know, Aman here is quite the dancer.” Hiten tried to talk to her again. 

            “Dance with me?” It wasn’t much of a question.  Veronica grabbed Aman’s arm and dragged him out to the dance floor. 

            She slithered her body up against his and placed his hands on her waist.  She began moving to the rhythm of the music.  Aman’s hands travelled up and down her back.  Veronica turned around and pushed her back against Aman’s chest.  He placed his hands back on her waist and moved with her.  Aman felt his phone vibrate in his shirt pocket.  He took one hand off of Veronica’s waist and pulled out his phone. 

            “I have to take this.” He half yelled into her ear before turning away towards the bar. 

            “Hello?” He shouted into the phone.  The club was so loud. He doubted the person on the other side could hear him over the music. 

            “Sir, Mr. Verma would like to speak to you personally?” It was his father’s secretary. 

            Aman stepped outside so he could converse with his father in peace.  He braced himself.  Whenever his father wanted to personally speak to him, it usually meant Aman was about to receive some bad news. 

            “Aman, I need you in India right now.” His father demanded.  He didn’t even asked how he was or exchange any other pleasantries. He just went straight to the point like always.

            “India? Why?” Asked Aman.  He really wanted to know.

            “I need you here now. I expect you to land in Mumbai by tomorrow.  Once you’re here, I’ll give you further information.” With that, Mr. Harshvardhan Verma hung up. 

            Aman sighed.  The last thing he wanted to do was leave New York and go to India.  What the hell was waiting for him in India anyways?