Chapter 29

“No! I-I can’t.” Priya said.  

“It won’t hurt just to look around.  Tell Aman you went lingerie shopping. It should be enough to get him a little excited.” Neha suggested.

“But...I can’t wear things like that.” Priya countered.

“You think you can’t, but one day you’re going to want to get sexy for your husband, or he may want you to get sexy for him.You aren’t going to lose anything by just looking around.  I’ll ask Payal to tag along if you’re so uncomfortable.” Neha replied.

“No! Payal can’t come. She’s not even married.” Priya exclaimed, remembering how excited Payal had been about sun dresses and jeans.  If she liked something in a lingerie store, then Priya wouldn’t know what to do.

“Okay,” Neha giggled. “I won’t call Payal. This is a shopping trip only for married women.”

“Okay,” Priya said unsurely. “I’ll just go and change and we’ll leave.” She said, rushing upstairs.

“No no no. I can’t wear something like that.” Priya said as Neha held up a transparent red teddy that only hid what needed to be hidden.

“What about this? It’s lacey.” Neha said, moving onto something different.

“I don’t know.” Priya said.  

“Maybe I’ll just get this for myself. I know Nikhil will love it.” Neha’s face lit up at the thought of showing off for her husband.  

“A corset is perfect! It provides some coverage, so you won’t be as uncomfortable.” Neha suggested.  

“They’re restricting, aren’t they?” Pria asked.  

“Priya, what do you plan on doing that you’re so worried about restrictions?” Neha asked suspiciously.  

Priya blushed and looked down.  

“Nothing.” she said quietly.  

“Just kidding! A silk chemise is as modest as you’re going to get.” Neha said.  

Neha and Priya spent another hour or so shopping.  Priya agreed to get a silk chemise but wasn’t sure if she’d wear it.  Neha also bought a few more things for Priya when she wasn’t looking.  She knew that Priya would thank her one day.  She just hoped everything fit right.  

“So when is Aman going see you in this?” Neha asked once they got back to Aman’s mansion.

“I don’t know.” Priya replied.  

“Priya, stop being so reluctant.  You’re a married woman.” Neha said.  

Priya didn’t have an answer.  She knew Neha was right.  Aman had told her time and again that eventually she’d have to fulfill her duties as his wife.  He’d even directly expressed his desires to consummate their marriage.  Priya just couldn’t, not yet.

“Aman was so sweet this morning.” Priya said absent mindedly.  

“Idea! Go have lunch with him at his office! He’d be glad that you thought of him.” Neha suggested.  

“That’s actually a really good idea! Do you think he’d like that?” Priya replied.

“Of course! Go, go! I’ll see you later.” Neha stood to leave.  

Priya bid Neha goodbye and called the limo driver to take her to Aman’s office.  She decided that she wouldn’t call to tell him she was coming down.  She wanted to surprise him and hope it would be a pleasant surprise.