XXIX.

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

Hunter's POV

I walked back to where Tyler was, ready to go home and get ready for our dinner together.

As soon as I was in sight, Tyler's head snapped to my direction as if he were acting on instinct. His face was also immediately painted with a radiating smile and he ran towards me with open arms, crashing into my chest.

"Are you ready for our date?" I asked him as I held him in my arms, pressing our bodies close to each other. No one else around us seemed to mind our public display of affection. They didn't even notice the age difference.

"What time's our dinner reservations?" he asked me, looking up from my chest.

"It's not 'till eight o'clock," I said.

He buried his face in my chest for a bit and I just rocked us back and forth waiting for him to say something again. Rested my cheek on the top of his head and took in a deep breath, reveling in his smell.

A couple of minutes into our embrace, he looked back up at me. "Maybe we can go catch a movie before dinner?" he asked hopeful.

I leaned down to give him a peck on the lips and smiled. "Sure, baby," I whispered in his ear. We broke apart and I took his hand in mine, twining our fingers together as I led him to the car.

"How was school?" I asked.

He described it all in one word. "Boring," he deadpanned. I wouldn't blame him though. School was boring even for me, maybe for different reasons though.

"Really?" I mused.

"Yeah, because it's finals week, we're on block scheduling for the first two periods. I'm certain I passed those tests though," he cheered smiling up at me. I glanced at his direction and returned his smile.

"Wait, it's finals week? Are you sure we should be going out on a date tonight? Don't you have to study?" I asked, worried. I didn't want him to fail and classes or even struggle with any of them.

"No, babe. I already studied. Tests were finished by lunch, so I had about three hours of study time before school was dismissed," he said. I don't know if I should be buying this. I mean, it feels very irresponsible of me to take him out on a school night, even more after knowing that it was finals week.

"Are you sure?" I asked, glancing once more towards his direction then focusing back on the road.

"I'm positive, Hunter," he said, leaning in to peck my cheek. He still had that goofy smile on his face. "Now can we just enjoy our date? We haven't spent much time together since Sunday," he whined.

"I'm sorry, baby. Don't worry, I'll make it up to you tonight," I promised. Okay, maybe it was a bad idea to tire him out on a school night. Crap! I shouldn't have done that.

"Really?" he asked excitedly.

I thought for a minute. "Of course, baby. I missed you too, you know," I said. I couldn't say no to him. I knew he was aching for me and I felt the same too. I had to fulfill his needs.

We drove to the theaters closest to the restaurant for about thirty minutes and we were able to quickly find a parking spot. I stepped out of the car and rushed over to Tyler's side, but he already beat me to it.