XII.

*This chapter may or may not contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

Tyler's POV

I woke up with the painful need of one of my coffee fixes. However, I decided to get ready for the day before heading down so I don't waste too much time. It sounded like they were already having fun downstairs without me.

I raced to the bathroom and quickly washed myself clean before putting on fresh clothes and spritzing some of my cologne on me. I proceeded with styling my hair and brushing my teeth. Yes, I brush my teeth twice before leaving the house; once before I go downstairs and again before I leave.

"I hear you got a fiancé," I heard someone in the dining room say. "Is she here?"

I smirked. He'd be surprised that Hunter's fiancé isn't a 'she'. I almost laughed but kept myself quiet to listen to whatever they were talking about.

"She? Yeah, actually, he's probably still upstairs." I could tell that was Hunter. He was emphasizing on every 'he' in his sentence. He sounded irritated.

It was then that I walked through the door and made my presence known. I looked over Hunter's shoulder to whomever he was talking to and didn't recognize the person. He looked back up at me and his eyes lit up.

Hunter had his hands wrapped around the unknown boy's arms. I tried to think who he is, but I really had no idea. Then my mind snapped to the family pictures hung around the house.

Is he checking me out? I gave him a grin.

"Oh, so is that him?" he asked Hunter. I saw Hunter tense up as he gripped on the boy's shoulders. He's jealous isn't he?

"Hi!" I greeted. "I'm Tyler, Hunter's... friend." I beamed.

He shrugged Hunter off of him and I heard Hunter growl lowly under his breath. The guy whose name was still unknown to me darted to me and hugged the shít out of me. I awkwardly wrapped my arms around him too.

"I'm Nathan. Hunter's younger brother," he said. He pulled back and stared at my face. "Well aren't you a cute one?" he asked, causing my cheeks to flush red.

Suddenly, he was pulled away from me by Hunter who forced him into his seat.

"Good morning, Tyler. Would you like some coffee?" Hunter asked me. That's weird, especially for Hunter. Why did he suddenly change how he acted around me? Why is he being so nice?

Why was I not bothered by the fact that he was comfortable with introducing me as his fiancé?

Nathan stood back up to pull me up to a seat right next to him as Hunter disappeared into the kitchen. "So, how old are you, cutie?" he asked.

I just couldn't stop blushing from everything this guy said! "I'm 17."

"Oh, so you're still jail bait."

Well that was insulting. I scoffed at him, "I'm turning 18 in a couple months!" I defended.

"Still, you're only 17 as of now, thus, you're jail bait." I glared at him. "You're so cute when you stare at me like that."

I was shocked by a mug of coffee being slammed down in front of me. I looked up to see Hunter with an annoyed face. He confuses me.

"Say, Tyler, would you like to hang out with me after your classes?" Nathan asked me. I thought about it for a while before responding.

"Su—"

"No, we're going on a date," Hunter hissed. A date? Didn't we just hang out/go on a date last night?