XXII.

This... may not turn out as you guys had expected... :P lol enjoy!

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

Hunter's POV

"Hey, babe, I need to go the restroom. I'll be back, okay?" Tyler said. We had just entered a store where I found some shirts that I liked after shopping for Tyler's clothes. I let him go since I wanted to get something for myself too.

"Alright. Be quick, okay?" I told him, giving him a hug ad quick kiss on the lips before stepping back and letting him go.

I watched him put down all of the shopping bags he was carrying and walk towards the entrance. I couldn't help but stare at his butt. We might not be ready for that yet, but I can still imagine how it would feel, right?

I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

When he was gone, I completely forgot exactly what I was just doing. I noticed I was holding on to a nice light blue polo shirt, but it was the wrong size. Damn that hypnotizing butt! I shook my head and tried to get back to what I was doing.

By the time I reached the fitting room about five minutes later, I held on to five different shirts and a couple of pants. I tried them all on and decided to buy them. It took me around ten minutes to fit everything.

After paying for my stuff, I checked my watch and saw that fifteen minutes had gone by and Tyler still wasn't back. I started to worry and quickly grabbed all of our shopping bags before leaving the store. I looked around for signs of the nearest bathroom and finally spotted it a few stores down.

I didn't see Tyler walking back from that direction, so I started walking. The place was crowded and there were lots of children running and screaming. I could barely hear myself think! Every now and then I would have to dodge the oncoming people because there literally was no space to walk through.

Just a couple of stores away, someone bumped into me. Some of the bags I was holding fell on to the ground and the woman picked helped me pick them up.

"Hunter?" she asked. I didn't get to see her face yet so I didn't know who she was. As soon as I looked up though, everything around me froze. I did not expect her to be here. I didn't expect her to be back for a few more years.

"How have you been, Hunter?" she asked. I kept a straight face. Yes, I knew exactly what I wanted to say to her, but the shock prevented my mouth from moving. Why can I say something? I remained frozen in front of her, my eyes bulging out of their sockets.

"Are you okay?" she said cocking an eyebrow at me. Again, my I remained still and unresponsive.

I didn't hate Francine for leaving just like that because she had all the right to do whatever she wants. However, that doesn't mean that I like her either — romantically or as a friend. 

It broke my heart when she left without considering how I feel about it. She didn't even discuss it beforehand when she was still just planning on leaving. I don't think I can forgive her for that. At least, not now.

She stepped closer to me and I instinctively stepped backwards. I didn't look back to where I was moving though, so my space was limited. Her close proximity was starting to annoy the hell out of me, but I couldn't move back anymore.

I stood still.

That was even scarier. I wish I had the guts to shove her away, but that didn't seem so gentlemanly, so I stood here. Helpless. Her advances were inevitable and I had no escape. I remained frozen.