XV.

* This chapter may or may not contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

Tyler's POV

Hunter was acting very weird lately and I'm starting to get uncomfortable with it. Now that we have to share the same room, I'm guessing he thinks we have to share the same bed? Yes, I might like him, but with all these changes happening — like him being super possessive of me for some reason — I don't thin it's safe for us to sleep on the same bed.

I sent him away so he can get ready to go to sleep, so he left to get his stuff from his room. It took him about five minutes to get ready and soon enough he was sauntering back into my room with a half-smile on his face. 

I was taking my shirt off and was about to climb into bed when I walked in. I prefer to sleep without a shirt on. As soon as I settled under the covers, I noticed that he was also taking his shirt off, then he walked to the other side of the bed and started to mount himself on the edge.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"What do you think? I'm going to bed," he sneered giving me a 'duh' look.

"I don't think so. My room, my rules. Sleep on the floor, Hunter." I retorted with a smirk.

He stared blankly at me. "What?" he asked. I thought Hunter was supposed to be the smart one. What I said wasn't even hard to comprehend yet he was having some difficulty understanding it.

"You heard me. You have to sleep on the floor."

"Why? This is my house. If you don't want to sleep next to me, why don't you sleep on the floor?"

I stared at him threateningly, trying to crumble his resolve, but he wasn't budging. I guess at some point he just gave in and started to lay out some sheets on the carpeted floor of the room at the foot of my bed. I gave him two pillows because my bed had four and I only use two anyway, then he went under the covers and settled in.

I turned the lights off and I heard the ruffling of fabric. I stared at the ceiling as the silence filled the room, hesitating to try to talk to Hunter. I wanted to know exactly what he thought of me so I can have an idea of whether he actually likes me or not. So I started with the most obvious question.

"Hunter?" I called out, wondering if he was already asleep. There was a few moments of no response.

"Hmm?" he hummed. The deep voice sounded so sensual in my head that a shiver flowed throughout my body. I don't understand how he can have this much of an effect on me.

"Do you hate me?" I asked bluntly.

"No," he stated almost instantly. Judging by his quick response, I have no reason to doubt him. Still though, I had to be sure.

"But you don't like me, right?"

My palms started to sweat as I waited for an answer. There was still no response from him and I was getting more and more nervous. I liked Hunter so of course I want him to like me back. But the way he acted previously suggests that he didn't like me and the way he's so possessive now tells me that he does like me. I'm confused.

"What's with all the questions, Tyler?" I wanted him to answer my question, dammit! Instead he just tries to avoid it, but he can't away with that from me.

"Just answer, please," I almost begged. It's almost been two minutes and Hunter wasn't saying anything. I sighed loudly and was about to take my question back, but I was surprised when he said something.