VI.

Someone asked for a special, so I used EST time instead. Happy reading!

* This chapter may or may not contain any grammatical errors and typos. *

Hunter's POV

"C'mon grandma, you have to start taking care of yourself! You're already at home most of the time; what more is causing you stress?" I pleaded.

"You, you idiot," she hissed. I felt kind of hurt because I thought I was her favorite grandson. It hurt even more that I'm one of the reason why she fainted. She now laid on her bed looking as weak as ever.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, looking down on her bed sheet.

"Tyler, come here," she said. Tyler complied and wove through my mom and dad as he went over to the other side of the bed. Grandma took his hand in hers. "Please give Hunter a chance. He's a good guy. He's the best guy out there. Please don't turn him down from the start," she begged.

I don't even know why she wants me to be with Tyler. I don't even know why she wants Tyler to be with me! I understand that we owe his family a lot for saving our asses when we were broke, but this repayment thing is not necessary! It almost makes me feel... used.

"Yeah, Tyler," my mom said. "Hunter can be a prick sometimes, but once you get to fully know him, he's a very soft and affectionate person."

I scoffed. I was only like that to the people I actually liked and Tyler wasn't one of them. The only time I really showed affection to anyone was when I was with Francine. I always go weak in the knees every time she's around and I knew I was whipped. She usually always got me to do whatever she wanted, but that was all on me. I wanted to spoil her because I loved her.

No, we hadn't gotten that far into our relationship. I don't just go around and stick my meat in whatever hole I can get my hands on, but I feel so attached to her in every way possible. That only lasted until she left me behind though. Now, I don't feel love for her in the slightest. Okay, maybe I'm lying to myself, but I really don't want to feel like this towards her anymore.

Tyler shook his head, "No, I'm sorry. He and I will never be compatible. I just want to go home. I've haven't been here a day, but I already miss my home—"

"This is your home, Tyler," grandma whispered as she stroked Tyler's cheek.

He shook his head violently again. "I also miss my mom, my dad, and my friends. I didn't even get to properly say goodbye to my boyfriend." His voice started to waver into small quiet sobs as a single tear started to slip out of his eyes.

He had a boyfriend? Why did he come all the way over here then? And does he really hate me that much?

I looked at everyone else in the room gathered around Tyler. They all sported one thing in common: wide eyes. "You had a boyfriend back home?" my dad asked.

He nodded. "I was starting to love him too, but my parents never liked him. They forced me to move out here, but I don't want to be here. I was only starting to recover from D—"

"Shhh... It's okay, darling," grandma consoled pulling him down to her for a hug.

He never finished his sentence. What was he going to say? He was only starting to recover from what? Did his boyfriend really help him overcome this huge problem?

"If your parents oppose, then maybe you should reconsider, Tyler. You can have a year and a half to think about whether you want to continue with the wedding," my mom said.

"But I don't want to. I wanted to spend more time with him to get to know him — my boyfriend,"

I was totally heartbroken at the sight. I didn't know Tyler was going through all of this. He probably knows more about how I feel because he's going through almost the same thing: a failed relationship. If anything, he should be able to comfort me better of all my problems with Francine, but I already turned him away from the moment I met him.