XVI.

I AM SOO SORRY for the 40-minute-late post! D': Don't hurt me! lol...

* This chapter may or may not contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * * *

Hunter's POV

He looked so peaceful as he slept through the night. I had planned to leave him alone so can rest, but I couldn't resist watching him in this state. He looked... Beautiful. Not that I didn't already know that, but I've never seen Tyler sleeping before, and I can proudly admit that the view before me was breathtaking.

His lips were slightly parted as his chest moved in an up-and-down motion. His breathing was slow and steady and his hair was ruffled all over his head. I brushed it off to the side and took in his form. I sat on the bed and got closer to him. 

I felt his warmth radiating off of his body although he was shivering as if it was freezing in the room. The blanket was already pulled up to his chin, but the shivering was still there. I shifted closer and closer to him until I could cradle him into my arms. All this time, the corners of his lips were tugged upwards as if he were smiling. He unconsciously turned to my side and his arms wrapped around my torso, his head snuggling into my side.

I continuously brushed my hand through his hair as I savored this intimate time we were sharing together, even though I'm the only who's conscious to remember it. I've always thought myself to be straight all my life, but after looking at Tyler, it's hard not to like him — not just in a friendly way, but also a romantic way.

I have no idea why I never even gave him a chance. I just 'rejected' right off the bat and after getting to know him more, I've grown to like him. Now I'm interested in making him mine. I was sure he hated me until he told me directly that he liked me last night. I imagine we're both trying to avoid the topic but one of us has to take initiative. If it comes down to it having to be me, I wouldn't mind as long as Tyler becomes mine.

I looked back down on him as I kept on brushing my hand through his hair. I started to worry when his grin dropped, he started to shake again. Was he having another nightmare? I heard him groaning incoherent words as beads of sweat started to form on his forehead again. I gently pulled him up so his head was nestled into my shoulder, my arm wrapped around his neck.

His head shifted from side to side and quiet sobs were erupting from his slightly parted mouth. I was starting to get worried because he also began to whimper. I tried to wake him up by gently patting his cheek.

"Tyler, wake up."

Nothing. His cries intensified by the second and I started to panic. My patting turned into light slaps as I desperately tried to wake him up. I don't want him to have another bad dream and wake up crying again. It was a sight that wasn't pretty to me because it hurt. It hurt to see him like that and I don't ever want to see it again.

"Tyler, please wake up," I begged. I resulted to shaking him awake.

I felt him try to shift in my arms as  his cried stopped. I looked at his eyes to see any signs of further suffering, but it was all gone. His eyes started to drift open. He sniffled and looked up at me. I saw his brown orbs begin to reflect the light to my eyes. There were the most beautiful I've ever seen.

"Hunter? Is that you?" he mumbled into my side and he moved closer to me, snuggling deeper into me. My hand found its way to the small of his back and I started to rub up and down.

"Hmm," I hummed in response. "Go back to sleep, Tyler. You need to rest. You're still burning up."

I wrapped both of my arms around him and held him close to me, but it probably wasn't a good idea considering his temperature was still up, so I reluctantly let go of him and got up from the bed. I replaced the water in the pan so I can wipe him down again.