Chapter 61

*Jordan's POV*

"Her heart stopped?" I ask the doctor quickly. He still had not let us see my baby, if he wasn't a doctor trying to save my baby girl I would hurt him.

  "Momentarily. The trucker that found her gave her CPR, and she was back with him after a few compressions." The ER doctor explained.

  "And the baby?" Tristan says from beside Josh.

  The doctor turns to him with a forced calm look on his face.

  "We were able to locate a weak heartbeat. Sophia's obgyn is in with her now trying to figure out how the baby is doing." He explains.

  "What are her injuries again?" Josh asks.

  "She has a contusion on the back of her head. She may have been hit or possibly dropped." This is where Tristan's face gets a look on his face like he is going to be sick. I reach across and give his arm a conforting squeeze. Yes he may have been the cause of her head injury but he did what he was supposed to do, he got her up here.

  "Her wrists and ankles have bruises. I figure she was tied down to something, a bed or maybe a couch." He says quickly.

  "But why is my daughter dying?" I ask him getting angry again at him taking so long.

  "She has severe dehydration and starvation. We don't understand it. We were told she was only missing two days. But her dehydration is so far along. I have only seen this severe of dehydration from soldiers out in the deserts. However it has barely gotten above eighty in the past few days plus it would take eight to ten days of no water to achieve this kind of severeness." He explains.

  "Is that all?" I ask him, feeling like he is beating around a bush about something.

  "She also has a six inch cut running down from her belly button to her back. It has punctured her liver, and may have possibly caused internal bleeding. But thankfully the baby does not seem to have been cut." This causes us all to go silent.

  "You mean..."I say gritting my teeth, " That someone tried to cut my grandchild out of my daughter?" I ask him angrily.

  "We don't know how she sustained it. If that was what someone was trying to achieve then they have not had any medical experience and they were not anywhere near the area they needed to be." He tells me trying to calm me down.

  "Why doesn't someone just ask her what happened?" I ask him exasperated.

  "She hasn't regained consciousness since the ambulance brought her here." He says quietly.

  "May I please see my daughter?" I ask him tears welling up in my eyes. It was happening again! She is unconscious again, and god knows if she is in a coma or just unconscious. But it is almost the same thing.

  "Let me go check that Dr. Shields is done with his examination.." he starts to say.

"That's unnecessary, Dr. Newman. Jordan she is in bay 10, just down the hall. Some nurses will be in soon to move her to a room just tell them who you are and you can follow them up there." He says pointing down the hall.

  "What about me and Tristan?" Josh asks quickly.

  "Yes of course. Go all of you," he says smiling nicely.

  Josh takes my hand and grips it tightly. Tristan walks behind us as we all quickly walk towards the bright blue number ten over a door at the end of the hall.

  But as soon as we reach the door opening I stop.

  "I don't think I can see her like this again," I tell Josh trying to walk away from the door.