Home: Part 2

Tristan takes my hand and together we walk up the stairs, but I realize that there is a whole lot more rooms than there was in Jez's house.

  "Expanding spell," he tells me.

  "Oh.." I say. Something still doesn't feel right, my brain feels all fuzzy.

  "Here's your room," he says opening the door.

  "Aren't you going to show me around it?" I ask him raising my eyebrows knowingly.

  "Don't even think about it you two," I freeze. It was a deep voice a voice I've never heard before.

  "Shut up Andrew!" Tristan yells at him.

  I turn to look at Tristan's older brother and they look nothing alike. He has dark black hair and dark brown eyes. He looks pretty scary actually.

  "Didn't you two just meet today? Moving a bit fast don't you think?" He asks a stern look on his face.

  "Umm, I'm going to change. See you downstairs Tristan." I don't want to be in the middle of this conversation and don't feel like getting a lecture from a man I've never met. I give him a kiss on the cheek and walk into the room shutting the door behind me. I can still hear them arguing though and they are loud as ever.

  "You know just because you didn't accept your soul mate doesn't mean you can freak mine out with you weird brooding thing." He yells at Andrew.

  "You know what make your own mistakes then! But don't expect me to feel bad for you when you can't take them back." Andrew says angrily and I hear him stomp downstairs. Tristan mumbles something and stomps down the hall a bit and slams the door behind him.

  Mistakes? The word triggers something in my head, but just when I make a grab at it. The memory just disappears. The feeling that something isn't right here returns but I just wave it off and head over to the closet. Inside I find a whole arms length of dresses.

  "Woah" I say quickly. I sift through them and pull out a knee length blue one. I slip it on and then look in the mirror. Using a spell I fix my makeup and magically straighten my mess ball of hair.

  "Pick up your phone Sophia. It's your beloved Uncle calling," Gabriel's voice rings out from my cell phone which is in the front pocket of my skirt.

  I decide to answer it even though I know its nothing good.

  "Hello?" I ask as innocently as I can manage.

  "You disappear and all you have to say to me is Hello? Your mother is worried sick! Where in the hell are you?!" He shouts so loudly that I have to pull the phone from my ear, yet I hear still him clearly.

  "Calm down. I'm fine. " I say quickly.

  "Sophia Renee Vaught you call your mother right now! I just spent the past two hours listening to her sob into the phone. Call her now or I will find where you are and drag you back by your hair!!" There is an audible click as he ends the call. I sigh loudly then find my home number in my contacts and hit call.

  "Sophia?!" Her voice is ragged and sounds horrible.

  "Mom, calm down. I'm fine okay. I'm at Tristan's house and his mom is right downstairs. I swear he hasn't kidnapped me. I asked him to bring me here. I heard every word you and Josh said. Now I'll come home as soon as he apologizes. If I get no apology then I'll stay here." I tell her calmly.

  "One second don't hang up!" She pleads into the phone.

  "I won't," I tell her.

  I hear her set the phone down and hear the click clack of her heels as she walks away.

Am I ready to go home? Not really, I'd much rather stay here. But hearing that my mother has spent the entire time I've been gone crying has shocked me. I don't want to hurt her and I never did really give Josh a chance to apologize, I rushed out in anger.

  Besides I'm not missing my ski trip with Drew, Nikolia, Lexi, and there friends for anything. And I won't let them forbid me to stop seeing Tristan so I have to suck it up and be the bigger person.

  "Sophia, I didn't mean what I said in the forest. I was just scared and worried. I know what happened three years ago was an accident and not entirely your fault. Please come home, please. I'm so sorry," he begs into the phone.

  'Wow even worse than I was expecting but it covers the basics so I might as well just forgive him.'

  "Okay daddy. I'm sorry for running off I'll never do it again. I promise. I'll come home right now and I won't come out of my room for a month. I just feel so terrible for making mommy cry." I say with real sincerity.

  "Oh sophia. You punish yourself to severely. How about no going out this weekend and we'll forgive and forget okay?" He tells me.

  "Okayyy. I love you daddy. I'll be home in a few minutes." I tell him.

  I end the call and look up. I just secured my trip and my relationship with Tristan.

  "Tristan" I call out softly. He appears in front of me.

  "Can you take me home please? My parents are really worried." I tell him.

  "Of course. I'll explain everything to my mom." He grabs my hand and is about to shimmer out when I pull away, which stops him.

  I put my hands on his shoulders and lift myself up so I reach his lips and kiss him for a good five minutes.

  "Now we can go," I say happily. I hug Tristan and then he shimmers us out and takes me home. I give him a quick kiss on his lips before he shimmers out and then I head downstairs to pull my innocent act with my mom, just in case. I sooooo have that trip in the bag.