Chapter 51

Friday, May 25th

The final bell rings louder than I'd like it too. My head feels groggy as I push my chair back from my desk and stand up.

"You coming to help decorate the gym Sophia?" Monica asks from behind me.

I turn around slowly feeling like a drunk driver who is driving a semi-truck.

"Yeah of course. Why wouldn't I be?" I ask her.

"You've just seemed tired recently. Didn't know if you were up for it or not." She tells me.

"Um yeah the baby has been kicking a lot more at night, it doesn't help with my sleeping," I tell her lying smoothly. I grab my bag and walk out of class with Moni.

"Well if it makes you feel any better Tristan looks as exhausted as you do. It's good to know that he's been helping you." Moni tells me. Has he? I haven't noticed. We haven't talked much recently. I couldn't even tell you what color shirt he is wearing today. But we have talked about Prom and we are going still, not that he had much of a choice since my parents are paying for both of our outfits.

"So are we still on for tonight? All the girls are really excited!" Moni says changing the subject when I don't reply to her.

"Of course! My mom has been baking us cookies and sweets all day. So you know I'll eat half of it and you all could fight over the rest," I say jokingly.

"You aren't that big Sophia. I swear that you think you are as big as an elephant or something! You look amazing for being pregnant. Like right now, if I didn't know you were pregnant I would onlybe able to tell from your stomach. You are so lucky! My mom had like fat cheeks when she was pregnant with me, I looked at some pictures last night." She tells me.

Seriously? So other women get fat in other places than there stomach? Wow, maybe I am lucky.

"Yeah, well I feel like a cow. I have to eat like twice as much food than Tristan does." I tell her sullenly.

"Well maybe because you are eating for two. Come on Soph, let's go cheer you up with some good old fashion girl time." Monica says pulling me down the hall towards the gym doors where Piper, Dana, and Rebecca are all waiting.

"Ready to change the gym into a starry wonderland?" Monica asks them cheerfully.

"Yes! Though I'm more excited for tonight," Piper says before giving me a quick hug.

"So what's the plan for tomorrow?" Dana asks me.

"Well Tristan and I will be gone for an hour because I have an ultrasound, but you all can sleep in or just lounge around the house." I tell themas we step into the dreary looking gym.

"Are you finding out the sex of the baby?" Piper asks excitedly.

"Yes, we are!" I say trying to sound excited. I mean maybe this will make Tristan happy again. That's why I've been wishing with every fiber of my being that we're having a girl instead of a boy, because that will make Tristan happy.

"Oo I can't wait! I'm with Tristan, I think your having a girl," Piper tells me for the umpteenth time, but I don't care. I mean at least one of us is happy.

"She's having a boy, her hair hasn't dried outat all. And hair dries out when its a girl." Monica says victoriously.

"Girl!" Piper says angrily.

"Boy." Monica says as if she would bet her life on it.

"Okay you two stop it!" Dana says stepping in,"We'll find out tomorrow for sure who is right."