Uncle Gabriel and Tristan Meet

Saturday Afternoon, February 25th

I just drove and drove. I drove towards town. Then I was driving past Johanna's shop, I even saw her run out a cell phone glued to her ear. She waved her arms trying to get me to stop. But I didn't stop. It wasn't possible at that moment. I just needed something.....someone who never judged me, who never guessed for one second that I was evil, that I can't make the best out of the situation I've gotten myself in.

So I kept going. Out of town. Past the city limit sign that said,'We hope you come back soon.'

"Ha!" I scoffed as I flew past it.

I watched as hills and trees were left behind me. It was a nice day for a drive through the country. Everything was starting to turn green. Soon it would be spring and everything would be blooming. I would be huge by then, so everything really would be blooming. This calms me a bit. I couldn't tell you why, just that it does.

I turn off the country road I'm on and soon I'm back on the main road that leads to the next town. It's fifteen miles away. I've always been jealous of the fact that he got to leave the suffocating air that surrounds our town. What I would give to live in a big city. So that when you walk down the street you see a new face everyday. How freeing that would be....

I've spent the past four years having everyone know me, my parents, and my "uncle" and "aunt". My every move being watched by the people who hate my parents just waiting for me to slip off my pedestal. They don't care that me falling wouldn't change the fact that my parents are filthy rich. Hell! Nothing could change that!

Then there is this ever forbidding doom hanging over me. I've never had one day when I could just take a breath and say,"I feel safe right now." I have never felt safe. Not since that day, forever ago. I came so close to death from my FATHER's HAND! My own blood and he tried to kill me, he is always trying. I may not see him, hear anything about him, or feel him near me. But he is always there in the background......watching....waiting for the perfect time to come in for the kill.

A car horn blares and I look up just in time. I swerve my car to the right side of the road. I pay extra attention as I drive into the slightly bigger town. It has a couple of skyscrapers and bigger buildings. There are also a lot more suburbs, fenced off home areas. It's nothing like our quaint small town home only a few miles behind me. I make my way through the curving roads till I reach the place where I finally park my car.

I look up at the insanely huge building in front of me. I can't even look all the way up because if I do the sun hurts my eyes. I've only ever been here once before a long time ago. Before Niki and Drew could even say ten words. Getting a good, respectable job was the first part of Gabriel's plan to keep them out of our messed up world. I've been jealous of them for a long time. Of course I was jealous of them at the beginning for different reasons completely.

It wasn't just Jo anymore. It was not only one,but two little babies. Two more people that would be placed in front of me, all I saw was my name going to the bottom of Gabriel's list yet again. I despised them with every fiber of my being. I only ever held Niki once, that lasted the better of thirty seconds. I handed her straight back to Rhoan and ran from the room. I wanted nothing to do with these beings that had already stolen MY Gabriel from me.

Gabriel caught on a little faster this time than he did when it was Johanna stealing him away. I'm surprised he even squeezed me into his schedule. He had a lot going on back then. Two babies to take care of and then a dead wife, who came back to life three days later with no memory of him or her children. But Gabriel was always there for me and he didn't choose then to stop. He pulled me aside one afternoon, took me up in his lap and just hugged me for a few minutes.