Grown up?

Dear Diary,

  "Sophia! Where are you?" Mom asks, I can hear her in my room. I'm hiding in my bathroom knowing that grandma is with her.

  "In here." I whisper.

  "Mom, could you go down and get Josh for me please? I think Sophia might be sick." Mom asks grandma.

  "Of course." She says hurrying out of the room.

  "Open the door sweetheart." She whispers through the door. I step behind the door and open it, while hiding behind it.

  "Now what's happe..." She starts to say then she finally sees me.

  "Sophia what happened? Did you do this?" She asks.

  "I don't know what happened. All I know is that I woke up this morning and I look like this." I say motioning towards myself.

  "Here step in front of the mirror let's have a look at you." She says shocked. I step back in front of the mirror, not really wanting to see. Staring back at me, is a teenage girl. She has long brown curly hair, she is at least five foot five, and she's me.

  "How could this have happened? We must call Carlisle at once and I'll try to track down Jez. She might have a better idea of what and why this has happened." Mom says.

  Suddenly there's a knock on the door and we both jump at least a foot in the air.

  "Everything alright in there?" Dad's voice says on the other side of the door.

  "Josh, call Carlisle immediately." She says quickly.

  "Why? Is Sophia alright? Open this door." He says. Mom opens the door and he runs into the medium sized bathroom that is starting to feel a little snug.

  "So-sophia?" He asks his voice shaking.

  "Daddy" I whisper back.

  "We can't let my mother see her like this. She'll start realizing that we aren't as normal as we pretend to be." Mom says quickly.

  "Well she's got her flight in an hour. So she'll be leaving anyway. We will just have to tell her that Sophia's come down with the stomach flu and that we don't want her catching it." Daddy says, still looking at me like I'm some weirdo. I feel like a weirdo. I am a weirdo. No normal witch child would age nine years over night.

  "Sophia why don't you just stay in your room until we get back from dropping off your grandma. I'll have Rhoan bring you up some breakfast." She says kissing the top of my head, which is a lot harder since I'm only an inch or two shorter than her now.

  "Okay mom." I say quietly, open the bathroom door, and cross the room to go and sit down at my window seat. I stare out at the forest that seems to stretch on forever, but I know that way back there is the ocean. I wish I could go hide in the forest away from all the questions that will be asked.

  I wish I could call for Jez and ask her the questions I need answered, but that's impossible. What I need is to find her old witch village the one from my dream last night, but finding it will be incredibly hard. I don't know why, but I know that I wouldn't be able to find it for it is hidden so no one that doesn't know it's there won't be able to find it.

  Why did this have to happen now?

  ¤Three hours later

  "Sophia, can you please stand on the scale?" Carlisle asks me. I get up from my seat at the kitchen table and go over to Carlisle who has made the kitchen into a makeshift doctor's office.

  I stand on the scale and watch as the arrow passes my old weight and continues going up.

  "100pounds" Carlisle says as he writes it down, "Okay over there Sophia so we can get your height." I walk over and stand where he tells me.

  "Five foot three inches" he says writing that down as well.

  "So tell me again Sophia, you didn't feel at all strange last night before you went to sleep?" He asks.

  "No, I felt perfectly fine. But I did have a strange dream." I tell him.

  "Well could you tell me about it please?" He asks. I nod my head and close my eyes as it all replays in my mind.

  "I'm walking through a forest, not like our forest, the trees look different. They are this really dark green and at least twice the size of ours." I tell him."I was my normal size and as I'm walking I come to this iron gates. They stand above my head and are so detailed that even as I'm looking at them I can find new designs on it."

  "Suddenly the beautiful gates open and inside lays what looks strangely like a suburban house complex." I say taking a breath.

  "What next?" He asks.

  "Well I walked along the dirt roads looking for something or something. All I know is that I feel this pull to find it or this person." I say starting to actually feel the pull in the pit of my stomach, exactly like in my dream."So I continue walking along and I come to this house. In the front yard of this two story house I see this boy, he looks around my age maybe a little older. I walk straight over to him and we just stare at each other. Then.."

  "Then what? Its okay Sophia, nothing is going to hurt you." He says quietly.

  "Then his eyes go big like he is seeing something strange happen before his eyes. Just in the same moment I feel myself getting taller, then I feel my face growing out like its maturing within seconds. After its all happened I am taller than the little boy. Suddenly my eyes go big as I watch his growing up exactly like I did and as quickly as I had. Once he is done growing we stand still staring at each other. That's when the dream ends." I say quietly.

  "That's very unusual, but it seems that it shows us a little what happened to you." He whispers to me.

  I want to ask why my angel boy grew in my dream too. But that would mean that I would be telling them that things that I wish to keep secret. So does this mean that my angel boy grew over night same as I did?

                          ~Sophia