Initiation and Teams

~ The next morning ~

After waking up, changing and eating breakfast, Zack, Aerith, Reno and Cloud go to their lockers they were assigned the previous day. Cloud finds his locker and he punches in the code to get his sword, which he decided to call Ultima Weapon, and his armor. His locker was oddly farther away from his friends. As he pulls on his armor and holster, he overhears some voices. He could tell that it was two females and recognized one to be Weiss. Grabbing his sword to put on his magnetic holster, he hears a third voice, this time male. Deciding to investigate this situation, he turns to face the source of the voices. His blue eyes widen upon seeing a beautiful woman with bright red hair and shocking green eyes and he felt his face heat up. Snapping out of it, Cloud goes over in attempts to make the situation less awkward for the pretty redhead.

"Ya know, if you keep yammering away, not only will you make yourself late for initiation but you'll make her late as well. If I'm not mistaken, we're supposed to gather on Beacon Cliff," Cloud says.

"Oh right! We don't want to be late! Especially if you want a spot on Team Jaune!" the other blonde, now known as Jaune, says, winking at Weiss.

"Yeah.. Sure," Weiss says, obviously not appreciating Jaune's flirts. She glares at Cloud, recognizing him to be one of the people with the two that humiliated her yesterday. Turning on her heel, Weiss stalks out of the locker room out to where initiation would be taking place, Jaune following him, talking to Weiss, unsuccessfully. The redheaded girl turns to Cloud and gives him a grateful smile.

"Thank you for that... I'm Pyrrha Nikos," Pyrrha says.

"Cloud Strife. Nice to meet you. I couldn't help but notice how uncomfortable you looked," Cloud says.

"Yeah, but as you said, we should probably get going.." Pyrrha trails off.

"Oh! Yeah! You're right, let's go," Cloud says, blushing, rubbing the back of his blonde spiky head. He then heads off, walking in a surprisingly not to awkward silence with Pyrrha. Reno, Aerith and Zack had watched and followed the pair. Reno was smirking.

"Looks like the little Chocobo has a crush on that redheaded girl," Reno comments.

"Oh yeah totally. Wanna tease him about it?" Zack asks, grinning.

"Of course, yo!" Reno replies, matching Zack's grin. Aerith shakes her head.

"Don't pester him too much you two!" Aerith scolds lightly as she walks with them. Upon arrival at the initiation sight, there were a bunch of suspicious looking plates on top of the hill... in front of the Emerald Forest. The trio looks at each other before taking the last three open plates since they were the last ones there. And just in time too as Ozpin seemed to be starting to explain everything.

"For years you have trained to become warriors, and today your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest," Ozpin says.

"Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of "teams." Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today," Glynda says.

"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well. That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years. After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you will die. You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?" Ozpin explains before taking a sip of hot chocolate from his mug. Aerith, Zack, Cloud and Reno looked confused as to how they would be getting into the forest but that was instantly answered for them as students started to get launched into the forest.