Epilogue

“I can’t believe it’s been a year” I heard James say as he looked down at Richard’s tombstone.

“Me either” I said while looking down at the ground, a sad expression on my face.

“Ahh” I heard my baby say while he fell onto his butt.

“Hey baby” I said while picking him up. “What are you doing Richie?” I said while smiling down at my beautiful baby boy.

“Let him stay on the ground, he was playing with the grass” I heard James say as he smiled at me.

I scowled. “What if he tried eating the grass?” I said while narrowing my eyes at him.

“We’re watching him honey.” He said while grabbing him from my hands and placing him on the ground where he started trying to cut the grass, being a small three month old baby there wasn’t much he could do.

I smiled as I looked down at him, we named him Richard after James friend, I think it helps him feel better to know that. I hadn’t even told him about the name until they asked me what I was going to name him.

He’s always smiling when he’s around Richie, there are moments when he’s sad because of his deceased friend, but I think he’s trying to forget about the negative.

“Let’s go eat.” I said while grabbing onto his arm.

He looked down at me and smiled that amazing smile that has a way of taking my breath away. He’s just as beautiful as he was the first day I saw him.

My first and my only.

“I love you.” He said while wrapping his arms around me. My back against his chest.

“I love you too.” I said while leaning my head against him.

“But I am getting hungry.” He said while placing a kiss on my cheek.

I chuckled. “Of course you are, you’re always hungry.” I said while pulling away from him.

He leaned down and took Richie in his arms.

I looked down at the tombstone one last time, silently thanking Richard for everything he did for James, everything he did for me.

He helped save the man I love. Because of him all those men that Isabelle was threatening are now free. She’s in jail for life.

Because of Richard, I now have an amazing husband and the most beautiful baby boy. I have everything I’ve ever wanted; my life is great right now.

“Wait, don’t you have class?” I heard James say while looking at me with a sly smile.

I chuckled. And yes, I continue to attend college.

“No, my professor canceled.” I said while smirking at him. “Why James, are you trying to get rid of me?” I asked him while chuckling.

He smiled and walked up to me, kissing the tip of my nose. “Of course not my lovely wife, I'm simply asking.” He chuckled and started walking away from me. “Now come one, we are hungry.” He said while showing me Richie.

I bent down to pick up Richie’s bag, before leaving I stood up and looked down at the tombstone one last time.

“Thank you for everything.” I said out loud before walking away and towards my family.

I still feel the loss, I might not have known Richard personally, but he was an important person in James life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

i am terribly sorry for this. i forgot to make the epilogue. 

sorry!!!

and thanks for reminding me.