(Inexplicable Attraction: 29 (Final)

Amanda

It was a week, a whole entire week before he woke up.

I was sitting down on a chair, reading a book, and occasionally looking at him. But since it had been a week, my hope was slowly going away. Little by little, but I tried to stay positive.

Continuously thinking he would wake up any moment. That he would wake up, smile at me, and kiss me, a girl could dream.

But those dreams had gone. I would usually just sit there and hope, although I tried not to get my hopes to high.

but at one point I thought I saw his hand twitch, and I know that movement isn’t much, but it got my hopes really high.

The doctor said he would be fine. He was shot, an organ got hit. But he would wake up... soon. How soon, I do not know. But he has to wake up. He can’t leave me not that he told me he loves me.

Not now.

After that, it took a couple more hours for him to wake up. But he didn’t wake up that quick.

But once he opened his eyes, I couldn’t help but tear up. How it that he was is just simply sit there and stare at me with his sexy little smile.

I cursed. While looking at him. I walked up to him and scowled playfully. "Don’t ever scare me like that again!" I said while hitting him on the shoulder.

He opened his arms up and I fell into them.

"Own" he said while flinching.

I sat up and tried not to hurt him. 

"I’m sorry" I mumbled.

"No, it’s ok. I’d go through that pain to be with you." he said with a small smile. But I could tell he was in pain.

I reached over him to press a button, calling a nurse. She came in soon after; her eyes widened once she noticed James awake she ran to him... and kicked me out of the room while she checked him.

I paced outside of his room, unsure of what to do. He’s awake, he's fine I kept on telling myself but I was still worried so that did nothing to calm me.

When the nurse finely came out of the room, a smile on her face I couldn’t help but scowl.

"Is my fiancé ok?" I asked her with venom in my voice.

Her eyes widened in surprise. "H-he’s f-fine" she said with tinted cheeks as she scurried away.

That’s right. Back of.

I put on a forced smile as I walked into jam’s room. He had a smile on his face as he watched me walk in.

Uh-oh.

"Fiancé?" he asked me.

I snorted, but I could feel my cheeks heat up. 

"No, not fiancé, but she is not going to hit on you while you’re in the hospital. I mean I know your gorgeous but-"

"Gorgeous” he interrupted me. I chuckled, oh gosh; he only hears what he wants to hear.

I knew my face was as red as tomatoes, but when he opened his arms to pull me into a hug, I fell right in. not bothering to think of anything else.

But I could feel is chest vibrating with laughter as my face nuzzled his neck.

"It’s ok, you can be my fiancé" he said confidently.

I yawned, suddenly tired.

"Its fine" I said while getting more comfortable. "I needed to tell them that we were close, or else they wouldn’t let me come and stay here."

He kissed the top of my head as he too got more comfortable. Then I fell asleep in his arms.

James and I were nestled on his bed, watching TV.

"I haven’t seen Richard for a couple of days." I said while looking up at James.

That’s when the news came on.

"Isabelle Ortiz was charged with murder for shooting a man, Richard Hernandez. She is also a suspect for a shooting that happened recently and countless other accusations. She is being taken into custody where she will be...."

My eyes widened. Richard. It can’t be Richard, but the picture on the TV. looked just like him. My eyes began to water, he can’t die.

"James" I whispered while looking up at him. Tears were streaming down his beautiful cheeks and I felt my heart breath for him. He just lost his only family.

"Why?" he whispered, I’m sure it wasn’t meant for me, but I understood him.

"The other day, I met Richard. He seemed like a nice person...” I said not really knowing why. "When the police interrogated us he looked angry... I didn’t really understand why... he was mad because he knew this was Isabelle’s fault yet he couldn’t do anything about it...”

I rested my head against his chest again. "I’m sorry"

He shook his head in disbelief. "Why would he be stupid enough to do this" he said. His voice wasbeginning to break.

I sighed. "I think... I think he wanted to help stop her. What she did to you two, well that was horrible. I’m sure he did it to prevent the misery of people." I said sincerely.

He continued to cry, and honestly I had no idea what to say. What do you say when someone gave up their life for the one you love. ‘I’m sorry’ just doesn’t seem to cut it.

Instead I held him; I let him cry until he fell asleep in my arms.

I know Richard is gone… but I’m thankful to him. Thankful that he helped get Isabelle behind bars, because now James and I can live in peace. But of course, he will be missed.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

here you go guys... well im sorry if the final isnt that well.

i dont really like it, in fact i might change it later. but i dont know. ill add the epilogue soon.

tell me what you think.

vote and comment.

you guys... i have a new story.

some time around midnight.

go read it. thanks