Inexplicable Attraction: 16

Amanda 

The next day I felt horrible. All of my friends were in my room. Thy were my wake up call.  

"so did he say anything about us?" lily asked smiling nervously. 

I thought back to the previous day. He did, he said he didn't like them. But of course I couldn't say that. 

I shrugged casually "not that I can recall." I said smiling nervously.  

Jenny spoke next. "I think he liked me better. But this has to be fair. How about we make this a contest?"  

Lily squealed "yes. Who ever he kisses first." she said overly confident.  

Jenny nodded "rules?" 

Then they walked out talking. The last thing I heard was Jenny saying "he has to kiss us first...." 

I ignored them and shook my head giggling.  

Emily an Anna were still in my room.  

Emily sat down on my bed and smiled sadly. "are you sure your ok with this?" she asked me knowingly. 

I gulped but nodded "of course. Why wouldn't I be?". I said trying to hide my feeling but it wasn't working.  

"you do know if it was the other way around Lilly nor Jenny would give it a second thought. They would take the guy for themselves not hide their feelings so you can have fun. " Anna said stepping next to my bed.  

I smiled "you guys can see right through me." I giggled.  

Emily laughed with me  

"we can read you like an open book, but only because we love you and don't want to see you get hurt. " Anna said.  

I smiled and got up from my bed. "I'm fine. Trust me it's just a silly crush it will go away." I said trying to make myself believe my words.  

Anna and Emily stood and walked to the door. "if you say so" they said simultaneously.then they walked out of the room.  

I walked into the bathroom and got ready for school.  

My whole day was spent at school, I had classes all day and no work.  

I didnt see James, but of course it didn't last since I had work the day after.  

I walked out of my car to enter the coffee shop when I saw James get out of a ridiculously fancy and expensive car. I had an urge to stare at the care in awe, mouth wide, eyes bulging. But I didn't.  

Instead I scowled and walked into the coffee shops back room and put my apron on.  

I stepped out of the backroom just as James stepped in.  

He grabbed ahold of my hand and pushed me back inside. "wait" he said with a desperate voice.  

I looked up at him trying to muster up as much anger and self confidence as I could.  

He looked taken aback and let go of my hand.  

"I'm sorry" he said looking down at his shoes. His facial expression made me want to run up to him and hug him. He looked like a little kid who got his brand new shiny toy taken away. Awe! 

But I kept my face neutral. I didn't want to leg him now how much he effects me, for my friends sake.  

"are we finished here?" i asked with fake annoyance. Maybe I can make him go away by acting like a total bitch. Then maybe he will leave me alone. Maybe i should go get a new job.  

No. I worked here first if we are going to avoid each other then he should change jobs not me.  

"why are you so mad at me. Is it because I refuse to go out with your friends?"  

I refused to look at him. Instead i was looking at the door,

No, I'm mad because I had to give him up. My friends like him and I already said I didn't like him. I can't change my mind now and risk getting them mad at me.  

"I dont know." I said honestly, and walking out of the room and finally getting to work.  

Which I wish I hadn't, my friends were sitting there drinking their coffee.  

James came out after me, bumping into me.  

"sorry" he mumbled before getting to work  

I nodded and got to work.  

"Hi james" lily said from her seat. She was dressed very... Well her body was exposed. I guess seduction could work and let her win.  

I ignored them and went to work. The whole entire time I was grumpy, seeing two of my closest friends shamelessly flirt with james, well it wasnt fun. but i dealt with it, i pretended like nothing bothered me. like everything was perfect and i have having a normal day.

i learned that i am great at hiding my emotions.

"you can go home now amanda." the other co-worker christian said to me.

i smiled at him. "are you sure?" i asked.

he smiled, "we close in thirty minutes, and we only have to clean a little, james an i can do that. you go rest or study for school." he said kindly, while cleaning the counter.

"ok. thanks" i said walking into the backroom and taking off my apron, i stuck it in my locker and grabbed my bag.

when i exited the backroom i bumped into james.

"ow" i said taking a step back.

he gave me a sympathetic look, and he looked sad. was it what i said?

i dont know, but i have to do something to get rid of my feelings for him.

i walked past him and towards christian. "hey do you want to go out tomorow?" i asked him knowing he was attracted to me.

he looked up at me from his glasses, shocked.

"s-sure. i-id love t-to." he finished smiling.

i felt bad after, he likes me an di messing with him to get over someone else.

but then again, he could be that one person who helps me get over james.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok so i uploaded.

your welcome people.

vote and comment.

and i hope you enjoyed my chapter