30:: Save Me

I put my soaked hoodie over Rhythm to protect her from the worst of the rain. Hoisting her up onto my back, I used her sword to hold her bottom up while her arms were wrapped around my neck. I had taken out the Kunais from her and set them in my haramaki, in case Chopper needed them to get the poison. Her warm blood oozed from her wounds and soaked into my shirt.

“Fuck Rhythm, you better not die or Luffy’ll have my head,” I hissed as I took off running. Maybe he’ll have the rest of me for dinner . . .

The rain pounded relentlessly against us and the wind pushed and shoved, as though trying to make us go the opposite way (AN: is it that the wind is trying to push Zoro the right way? That his sense of direction is so bad that freaking Mother Nature has to help him? Or is She just being a Bitch. .  .?). Rhythm’s limp head rested on my shoulder, the wind drowning out most of her labored breathing.

I found myself in the same alley four times, by the same store nine times, and the same tree six times. This was getting me nowhere. I bit my lip and spat into a puddle angrily. The rain came down in thick curtains, blurring my eyesight and making the ground hard to stand on properly.

Finally, we found the ship. I stumbled through some bushes outside of the town and saw the Going Merry rocking dangerously in the turmoiling waves. I ran towards the ship, going through the trees and somehow found myself at the edge of town again. I yelled out and started back into the clump of trees. I made my way to the shore, coming out a good ten yards from the ship. I somehow found myself, yet again at the outskirts of the village. After many attempts I finally climbed aboard the ship, the deck slippery with water as the ship rocked dangerously, threatening to throw anyone unlucky enough over.

“Oi! Chopper! Help!” I yelled out. Everyone was inside sleeping (or trying to), away from the storm. I kicked open the trap door to the boys quarters, water instantly pouring in.
“CHOPPER!” I yelled, water in my eyes and the wind trying to push me down.

“Z-Zoro! There you are! Wait-“ Chopper’s fuzzy head peaked out from his bunk, seeing me drenched.

“Oi shitty marimo! Close the damn thing already, you’re letting all the water in!” Sanji bellowed sleepily.

“Blood!” Chopper squeaked, just as a salty wave crashed onto the deck and brought more water into the boys’ room.

“Oi Zoro what’s going on?” Usopp grumbled, peeking out under his own pile of blankets.

“Zoro are you hurt?! I smell blood!” Chopper scrambled up the latter.

“No, I’m fine. But Rhythm isn’t. She’s poisoned and bleeding.”

That sprung everyone to action. Chopper screamed then dragged us to the galley, followed by Usopp and Luffy whilst Sanji was panicking.

The wooden walls barely managed to snuffle out the storm, but the floor still rocked dangerously. Chopper lit a lamp and scrambled around, getting out medical supplies and ordering Usopp to help.

I lay Rhythm down on the table and Sanji practically fell over at the sight of one of his ladies.